Willow 25l Cooler $20!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slight

Reaction score
Coles has a special on willow coolers atm. $20 for 20l! Best price I've seen yet.

Be careful with the willow coolers if it has the plastic plugs inside for the handles, it drops your mash tun capacity by a few litres as they leak

Red Dot in WA and Bunnings have both had 25L eskies for sale for less than $20 and they have completely smooth internal walls

Does it also drop their ability to hold a constant temp by much?

Not sure but if you batch sparge and you fill the tun with lots of water its going to sit there slowly leaking out!

I have a smooth sided one, drilled a 20mm hole through it with a hole saw, put a tapered rubber bung in it and then put 3/8" copper tube through the bung. A hose clamp on the inside to attach the ezy hooker screen and a hoseclamp on the outside to attach the pvc tubing. Hey presto instant bulkhead fitting!!!!!!!!!!

I am just using a pair of small long nose vice grips on the pvc tube as a shutoff valve to regulate the outflow but would not mind one of those roller clamp type thingys for flexible tubing if I could find one? any suggestions

I'll try and put a pic in the gallery over the weekend

Cheers

Back