Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wobbly said:
if you took the time to understand what the WW can and does do (ferment under pressure, carbonate, chill, clarify, ability to harvest "clean yeast" and dispense all in an oxygen free environment in 7 days for ales and 9 days for lagers/pilsners) in a single stainless steel vessel that nothing else available does then maybe you wouldn't make such claims and if/when you respond to these points be specific about an actual single vessel set up that exists and just don't rabbit on that you or someone else could make one.

Wobbly
I think the issues is you don't realise what many brewers on AHB understand and that we are all very familiar with what is important for brewing.

The fact that it does it all in one vessel seems to really seems to excite you but I don't see that any anything more than a hindrance for most brewers.

Fermenting under pressure does speed up fermentation but that doesn't bother most brewers as they can have another brew fermenting while still drinking another brew.

Having the ability to harvest clean yeast is not a unique feature of the WW, it is a feature of conical vessels. Stainless Conical vessels are available but very few brewers see enough benefit to them to pay their cost. That cost FYI is about 10-20% of the cost of the WW. Yes you can ferment under pressure in the conicals and carbonate your brew in them. It would take very little to serve beer from a pressure rated conical in the same way you do in the WW.

Minimising oxygen contact is manageable enough on homebrew levels and can be improved in many different ways including something like the stainless conicals above. Do you drink freshly distilled water only?

If no one had heard of the WW and someone on here put exactly a WW together we would all comment on how they've done a good job, interesting design, question some of the factors that we question now. Then we'd comment that it doesn't suit our needs due to the fact that it is all one piece and processing/drinking can't run side by side. Instead we get a few people including the manufacturer claiming that it is a superior system and then constantly told that we should buy it. We see and understand it and don't understand what is impressive about it. The price makes it seem all the more unbelievable. It's like someone selling a car with a carphone and charging double simply because it is a car with a phone. Most people have a car and a separate phone and they feel that having them stuck together would be inconvenient.

I'm not going to disagree that the WW will produce good beer and requires less effort. Double batches probably do more for minimising effort though, can you do that on the WW?

Like a Porsche guys, argument is clearly over. Like a Porsche.

I can get two of these at reduced price as the are display models.

Silent auction?

$55

Back