Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
I know this subject has been listed a few times in the past including one by me. I am now seriously considering purchasing a unit having seen one in operation at TWOC in Perth and had a number of questions on process addressed by Ian Williams.

Yes it is expensive but so was the Braumeister that got a hammering on price on this site only to now be the "toy of choice" for a quite a number of brewers

I don't play golf, go to the races, own a boat, smoke or gamble so the outlay is in my view in line with any or all of those hobbies/vices!!!

Ian has a masters of brewery technology from a London institute and has either consulted on been the master brewer at a number of world breweries and I consider him knowledgeable enough to be able to offer the comments he has.

Some of his responses are counter to what is held as common practice by brewers on this site and are presented for discussion and not necessarily to counter what others have said

The questions I posed to Ian and his responses are too long to directly post here so I have included a Word attachment

Cheers

Wobbly

View attachment Williuamswarn.docx

Have to say his responses are well stated.

Still a wank of a gadget. A big An expensive wank at that.

I take it he already owns a bm as stated in document?

Is this a different version I don't remember it having that bottle underneath when I looked at it on YouTube ages ago

Cocko said:
Googled it - Sorry, I was thinking of something else...

Ignore me, Carry on.
Your words flow like flatulence from an inebriates backside.

Bye Bye Cocko old son.

May your beers be cold and infection free for all your days.

It seems to fill a void that does't really exist.
For the price tag you could set up a pretty nice fermentation fridge and kegerator and still have change for a braumeister.

Rowy said:
Your words flow like flatulence from an inebriates backside.

Bye Bye Cocko old son.

May your beers be cold and infection free for all your days.

See you old friend..... May your bowls be full and your presence here be forever.

:icon_cheers:

So "ageing is a myth"?

Bullshit.

It might not be a huge thing for lawn mower beers, but I cracked an 18month old bottle of Irish red a few weeks back and it's bloody glorious, which I didn't expect seeing as it started off entirely underwhelming and with more than its share of diacetyl.

Even with a lawn mower beer, I will bet a months salary that aging it for 2-3 months will noticeably improve it.

I can't even get past this "Have you used any of the liquid yeast such as Wyeast or White Labs and if so able to comment on the suitability or otherwise of these yeasts you can use these. Just make a1L starter and stir for 24 hours on a stir plate to give them life They’re pretty much dead when you get them but they have a great variety."

Is he serious? Dead?

All his quals and making an extract only machine. Kind of feels like someone who owns a michelen star resteraunt and then does ads for a supermarket...oh wait...

[SIZE=12pt]I have a 20lt Braumeister and plan to make my own wort for use in the Personal Brewery and would be interested in any comments you have to make re using a fresh wort kit. [/SIZE]
And people ping me for buying a braumeister. That's some cray disposable income right there. A fermenter and a keg aren't that much effort post BM.

[SIZE=12pt]Ageing is a myth. Beer is best fresh.[/SIZE]
Except for Lambics...RIS's...Hmm...

[SIZE=12pt]They’re pretty much dead when you get them but they have a great variety. [/SIZE]
Um....

The dry yeast is full of nutrient and grown aerobically before drying so doesn’t need wort aeration.
Sure, but it's going to be better, quicker and healthier with it...

Breadmakers abound.

EDIT: 6k? Jesus H.

The OP's plan is to create wort with a BM and finish it in this, or so I gather. But for that price you could import a couple of temp controlled conical fermentors and build or buy a kick ass kegging setup and still have change.

i see it as the difference between heating up a frozen meal in the microwave versus cooking a meal from scratch. Your getting dinner in the end but which one will taste nicer?

If your happy to make beer with the least amount of work possible then this WWPB is for you.

I prefer to expirement in my beer making with everything from grain bills, to hops, yeast, fermentation temperatures, etc etc.

On their website they say this

Result: The beer is the same quality as a commercial brewery, whatever the beer style

Thats the one thing I dont want my beer to taste like.

Back