Will Using A Flash Ruin My Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0.jpg

:icon_offtopic: these cats may not have come here in barrels or boats...

THE flash men
Couldn't help your beer at all

theflash.gif

flash ahh haa, he'll destroy every yeast cell, dananana.........
I am a fan of neither The Flash nor Flash Gordon but it really irks me when people confuse the two (for some strange reason).

Bum contributing to a thread with the word flash in the title....I love it.

:icon_offtopic:

Was it the Dutch who were some of the first white folk to have a scratch around here? Maybe the Kittens were bunging Heineken barrells? Might of been Portugese but I am too lazy to Google a beer from there.

Edit: tried the off topic thingy.

I believe the Dutch were the first, but technically only found the Tassie 'bit', and didn't notice the Aus mainland. That'll be the dope influence then? Hence the original Dutch, Van Diemens Land title.

I believe the Dutch were the first, but technically only found the Tassie 'bit', and didn't notice the Aus mainland. That'll be the dope influence then? Hence the original Dutch, Van Diemens Land title.

I think Dirk Hartog(Dutch) had actually found Western Australia as well, evidence per the Hartog Plate, but found the place so hostile, desolate and dry that they decided to bugger off!

I wonder if the "White Dutch Tribe" legend was ever substantiated? Les Hiddins of bush tucker fame was doing an investigation a few years ago. You would think that with modern DNA analysis this would not be a huge problem.

The Duyfken replica visited Australia in 2001 and was at Redcliffe for a while.

the_duyfken_visits.JPG

on topic.
Short answer, no. Flash is balanced to have similar colour temperature to daylight at around noon, ~5500-5600K, however, it is metameric. Daylight is continuous spectrum, whilst flash emits only a narrow band of the spectrum to give a similar tristimulous value. It's also short duration, fractions of a second.

Put it under a strobe light, on the other hand, and it may cause fitting.

:icon_offtopic:
Are you saying Dutch aren't white folk?
Yeah the yanks stopped taking criminals so the pohm's had to be sent somewhere else. Cook was a prison scout.
Now Now, no anti-sematism thanks.

now back :icon_offtopic: , cook was no prison scout, his mission was of a scientific nature, he was to observe the transit of venus(first priority) and to look for the great southern continent(aka antartica).

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='945637' date='Aug 19 2012, 07:00 AM']on topic.
Short answer, no. Flash is balanced to have similar colour temperature to daylight at around noon, ~5500-5600K, however, it is metameric. Daylight is continuous spectrum, whilst flash emits only a narrow band of the spectrum to give a similar tristimulous value. It's also short duration, fractions of a second.[/quote]
As much as I've been enjoying al the OT banter, it warmed my heart to see this response that actually answered the OP's question...

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='945637' date='Aug 19 2012, 07:00 AM']Put it under a strobe light, on the other hand, and it may cause fitting.[/quote]

Until I saw this, LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers!
Jono.

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='945637' date='Aug 19 2012, 07:00 AM']<snip>
Put it under a strobe light, on the other hand, and it may cause fitting.[/quote]

Or worse still a sudden outbreak of Saturday Night Fever.

post_7247_1345206640_thumb.jpg

Perhaps it's Teds fault but I found that funny.

I bet they came by Catamaran.
Boom, tish.
Sorry
Ha ha Checkmate!

Dingoes got a raw deal; where's the dogamaran?
Dingoes were a living larder. Cats were brought to eat rodents on the boats. Cats got the better deal IMO.

Ha ha Checkmate!

Dingoes got a raw deal; where's the dogamaran?
Dingoes were a living larder. Cats were brought to eat rodents on the boats. Cats got the better deal IMO.

well in the past maybe, a mouse is only a small feed.
dingoes on fraser island have much larger tastier meal these days.

edit - :icon_offtopic: and couldnt find the insensitive emoticon.

Some chick called Lindy had an issue with a dingo some years back......was out near some rock in the middle of the desert

Latest posts

Back