Will a coopers fermenter fit in this fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
http://m.gumtree.com.au/lg-refrigerator-freezer/v?adId=1015551129

Going by the internal measurements the guy gave me, it should fit. But, should and will are not always the same thing. I think the specs say its a 215L fridge with 144L in the fresh food section.

There are lots of fiddy dollar fridges on gumtree, but I'm struggling to coordinate a loan of my brother's ute & this guy will drop it off (have offered a little extra coin for petrol). If worst comes to worst, I can switch to jerrycans for fermenting, but whaddya reckon? Will it fit a coopers fermenter?

It will fit a fermenter of some description. I have got a small bar freezer and it fits a 25L drum. Smaller than that fridge section.
Note: i can't use the lid or an airlock (i used gladwrap) but apart from a nervy moment lifting it out for kegging, no problems.

If the price is right and it is convenient, you will find a use for it. It won't be the last fridge you get....

Cheers,
D80

Phil Mud said:
I can switch to jerrycans for fermenting
Nothing wrong with fermenting in jerries. With a fridge like that you may be able to fit 3 side-by-side. Three brews on the go instead on one sounds like a good argument for the switch to me.

Yep, that's the truth. Currently have no temp control so have been brewing saisons, (poor me, eh) - I guess temp control is going to be worth more than not having to switch fermenters!

Nothing wrong with brewing saisons.

That looks good! I've figured out it so t fit the coopers jobs, but looks like there's a stack of options!

If you take the krausen collar off, it should fit in most standard sized fridges. That's what I do. :)

Latest posts

Back