Will 2 19lit Kegs Fit Here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
2 kegs

seems pretty straight forward to me but i know from experience that assumption is the mother of all cock-ups.

will of course use as a fridge with seperate control unit

ok edit, need inside dimensions, and would need to sit diagional...

does it work for anyone.....

2 kegs

seems pretty straight forward to me but i know from experience that assumption is the mother of all cock-ups.

will of course use as a fridge with seperate control unit

ok edit, need inside dimensions, and would need to sit diagional...

does it work for anyone.....

I'm trying to figure out teh exact same thing right now...weird!

I just went on the westinghouse website and sussed out dimensions...it will be touch and go for teh new 150 litre unit.

If you look inside ther appears to be a step up in the new model (dont know if it is the model you are looking at) I'm going to have to suss one out in teh flesh before making the ultimate cock-up

Looks the same as my original keg freezer, and if so will fit 2 on the floor, and another on the hump with a collar, with some space for some bottles or a gas bottle.

Cheers

kegs are roughly 200mm round depending on the brand if you allow say 250 mm and they are internal measurements you should be able to get 4 in there with a collar but you will have to find out the height from the compressor hump to the top as you dont want say a 300mm collar. Cant remember the average height of the kegs so will have to wait. I think WIKI has a whole thing on kegs sizes I used before buying my first chesty.

kegs are roughly 200mm round depending on the brand if you allow say 250 mm and they are internal measurements you should be able to get 4 in there with a collar but you will have to find out the height from the compressor hump to the top as you dont want say a 300mm collar. Cant remember the average height of the kegs so will have to wait. I think WIKI has a whole thing on kegs sizes I used before buying my first chesty.

and a silly question, what is a collar? ive just got my kegs and think perhaps you refer to the plastic fitting on top?

if thats the case than ive just measured my kegs an my type will do easy

it goes on the freezer. you take the lid off buy some timber (big enough so the kegs can fit on the hump. Put the timber on the freezer so it sits on where the lid was, Then you refix the lid to the collar and your good to go. So it builds up the height of the freezer.

few pics of my old one
gallery_13706_698_513119.jpg

gallery_13706_698_246598.jpg

it goes on the freezer. you take the lid off buy some timber (big enough so the kegs can fit on the hump. Put the timber on the freezer so it sits on where the lid was, Then you refix the lid to the collar and your good to go. So it builds up the height of the freezer.

few pics of my old one

thanks for that, looks the goods!

there is a really good article on how to make a collar in the articles section if you end up making one

-Phill

Why not consider getting a medium sized all-fridge, or even a fridge freezer

You won't have issues with the freezer failing after a couple of years because it's not being run at frozen temperatures, you can mount your taps up high, store hops/vodka

And easily have 2,3,4,5 etc kegs depending on size.

Also no collar to be made. And I'd say it easier to get the kegs in too!

Back