Wig And Pen Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
I have just got home after having a week in Canberra shooting an epsiode of my show. Unfortunately I wasnt able to film at the Wig and Pen but I did get to the pub every night I was in town and had a great night with the brewer Richard. He took me and the film crew down to the cellar for a taste testing of the wierd, the wonderful and the experiments. MAN he is a great brewer with an facinating mind and passion for all things beer and now cider.

Do yourself a flavour if you are in town make sure you get down there. Oh man hand pumped ales 4 nights in a row and bloody great!!!!

Thanks Richard!!

merc,i am heading to canberra in july and the wig and pen are on my list of "to do". the last time i was there i did'nt have time but this trip it will happen and am looking forward too it.

....cheers.....spg.....

had lunch there last friday and am a big fan of the beers - didn't get a chance to try the belgians on offer, unfortunately ran out of time...an hour goes too quickly!

I believe Richard is looking to sell. Did he speak of this Merc?

I believe Richard is looking to sell. Did he speak of this Merc?
Not Richard, Lachie, the owner. Richard is just the hired gun.
I doubt any new owner would want to replace an icon like him.

Not Richard, Lachie, the owner. Richard is just the hired gun.
I doubt any new owner would want to replace an icon like him.

I'd be thinking that it is a job lot as well.
Damm good pub/brewery/brewer.

Yeah Richard and I had a bit of a chat about the fact that the pub was up for sale. My view is without Richard the pub would not be the success that it is so I hope who ever buys it understands that gives him a big raise a percentage in the pub and then leaves him alone to weave his magic!

I have been buying lotto tickets and if I win guess what I will be buying asap!

If we are forming an admiration society here then I am in, even nominate myself for president.

Back