Why Is It So?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
Why is it so that when ever you do a hydrometer reading in your hydrometer tube and you spin your hydrometer - why does it always finish facing away from you so you cant actually read it?

Do you have a brewing - Why Is It So?

Paul, I believe it's the same reason when you're bottling, you only have enough left to fill up the last tallie to 500mL, or the last stubbie to 200mL.

Mercs Own said:
Why is it so that when ever you do a hydrometer reading in your hydrometer tube and you spin your hydrometer - why does it always finish facing away from you so you cant actually read it?

Do you have a brewing - Why Is It So?
[post="86622"][/post]​
That is so true. Also one of the reasons I have ordered a refractometer.

Or when you screw the tap out of a fermenter to clean and put it back, it only tightens into place when the nozzle is facing up.

Or when the lid on your fermenter refuses to budge when trying to get it off after bottling, even though it has been greased with Vasso beforehand.

:beer:

yea, its kinda like when you are carring somthin in your right hand and your keys are in your right pocket, that sucks!!!!

Or when you go to check the bubbler, you know that bad boys been bubblin but for some reason you always enter when it is at the beginning of the bubble cycle.

Or when you screw the tap out of a fermenter to clean and put it back, it only tightens into place when the nozzle is facing up.

hahaha..its all so true :p

Mercs Own said:
[post="86622"][/post]​
I bet if you were making wine it would come up on the beer the scale.

BTW there is an opportunity for someone to market the beer brewers hydrometer, SG scale printed all the way around.

Oh yes, and drop proof.

thats "Murpheys Law" - If anything can go wrong, it will -

Or when you have someone over, for a brew session and you get an extremely slow (or stuck) sparge. :(

The one that gets me every time is, how is it that the brew pot only ever boils over when your not watching it? :huh:

Fermenter held on an angle with one hand, last few stubs ready to be filled, delicate balancing operation going happening then ......The the phone rings and some bloody Indian guy is tryong to get me to change my electryicity contract

B*@#ard! :angry:

i h8 those guys
they're the same guys from Nathan street (?) in Honkers trying to track me down to see if i want a watch or a suit!
:)

I throw on the answering machine when I'm brewing! Hell, I just about always have it on; everyone knows that I never answer the phone and ring my mobile

How about when you invite your mates over for a beer and your keg runs dry...... i hate when that happens. Or when you go to the fridge for the last beer and someone has already taken it.

Back