Why Is It So?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiller

Reaction score
Picture this: A fridge with 4 kegs all gassed and all full.

Now tell me why all four are empty at the same time?

Isn't this surely one of the mysteries of life. I rate this with a knot in a piece of rope where the two ends never overlap?

The onlty benefit from this is I now have to brew again,again,again and again.

Steve :)

I have a cuboard full of bottles,
I should have said I had a cupboard full of bottles
My kegs are empty and I have spent the last few days formulating my next 4 batches.
The problem is in a few months I will be saying where did those 4 batches go. So i better start formulating the next 4 batches after that.
What a great hobby, it never ends till you run out completely, then you have one big problem.
Ray

maybe the fridge fairies, but at this time of year it could be the big jolly fella but my money is on rudolph he seems to be the only one with a red nose and coming from the north pole in the middle of winter it sure as hell aint sunburn!

Should come good soon chiller

Batz is no longer in SA :p

Batz :chug: :chug:

I understand your predicament well Chiller.
I too had five kegs in the keg freezer, and five fermenters in the fermentation freezer.
If I hadn't squeezed a couple of quick brews in while my wife was in hospital my fermentation freezer would be empty. It currently only has two fermenters in there.
I too need to get some brewing happening to get supplies up again before all the family comes for regular visits to see the new baby.
I'm planning on brewing every day from Friday to Monday to get all fermenters and kegs full again.

Beers,
Doc

Yep I think its the time of year when evaporation increases :eek: I have about 2 pints of hefeweizen left in a keg and thats it on tap :( Fortunately I have 60L either fermenting or conditioning so its time to keg some. Always have some bottled stock to fall back on.

Oh for a fermentation freezer such as Doc's. :ph34r:

It just is.
Dont question it.
Even the legendary (bless his soul) J S Miller would have a hard time explaining this.

cheers

johnno

I have now consumed the last pint :(

Time to keg, 1 week of lagering is all my lager can have now. :D

Doc said:
...I too need to get some brewing happening to get supplies up again before all the family comes for regular visits to see the new baby. [snip]
Hey Doc,
Congrats mate - just keep the missus on the breastfeeding caper for as long as she can hack it. You get to sleep more instead of getting arseholed out of bed every bloody hour to make a bottle for the little one!

Cheers, and all the best to you and the family!

TL (Counting down the number of nappies left to change!!) :lol:

Stock at 15/12/04----------3 full kegs & 2 jerrys
Stock after 30/12/04 ------1 full keg of ale not yet chilled,1 keg with just 6 1/2 Kg. ripper lager remaining and one keg with 14Kg. ale with a hint of a nasty off taste at the back of the palate. 35 people coming tonite. It looks like my wine cellar will get a hammering.Shall have to wait until they are all pissed then slip the nasty keg on line.
Happy new Year folks!

Starting to get the stocks back up. Brewed again today, and will be brewing again for the next three mornings at least. The hardest part is working out what to brew. I have a longer list of beers to brew than I have fermenters and space in the fermentation freezer.
By early next week the fermentation freezer and fridge should both be at capacity with a nice harmony of airlocks making music.

Beers,
Doc

Back