Why has Nick JD got the arse?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it the the bit that says "Members" that changes to banned, not the member title "blah, blah blah" in his case.

Banned wasn't there yesterday for me but it is there now.

Maybe Tuvaro fucked me up. Anyway me and him eye to eye? Most definitely not. Do I think he should be banned on that account? Ditto

Maybe someone from GC brewcub will let us know.

Just a suggestion, but maybe the mods and the admin had finally had enough of his rudeness and bluntness in suggestions about how their site should be run?

He's not the only one, but if it was my cubbyhouse i wouldn't put up with someone coming in, eating the biscuits and saying how shit the whole place is and how the people who run it are stupid fat liars.

manticle said:
He wasn't a troll, he brewed, he shared his brewing experience with others, was active in his local brewing community, etc, etc.
Who are you guys kidding? Nick was the definition of a Troll. Many threads were derailed and members unnecessarily angered by him for nothing but a laugh.

He did contribute considerably to the forum, for sure, but IMO the forum is better off without the rubbish.

punkin said:
He's not the only one, but if it was my cubbyhouse i wouldn't put up with someone coming in, eating the biscuits and saying how shit the whole place is and how the people who run it are stupid fat liars.
I'm not sure he even really did that. He got up Dane but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about here.

bum said:
I'm not sure he even really did that. He got up Dane but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about here.

Without going through and finding post after post, it's this sort of stuff i'm talking about.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/73089-how-do-i-improve-aussiehomebrewer/?p=1049162

edit; There was a post after that one that was pretty rude by him that i believe has been rightfully deleted aimed at the owners of the site.

As i said, he's not alone and my guess is a guess the same as anyone elses, but i'd suggest that if anyone really has a genuine reason for wanting to know business that's between one member and the admin of the site, that a private message to the admin is the proper method rather than a public thread that won't be responded to and is likely to be deleted.

If they want to know how not to get banned they should follow the moderation Guidleines if they can find them. I couldn't with a search just then.

Ha! I guess that's the sort of post I'm talking about too. I guess I read a post like that is saying that the board isn't shit? Doesn't matter now, I guess.

Generally, and specifically in this case too, about PMing the mod - who is it that you should PM? I'm not interested in doing so, just talking about the point. They say "don't talk about moderation on the board, PM the mod directly" but you come back to a thread the next day or something and half of it is gone and no one nows why or who did it. I dunno.

[EDIT: needs the phrase "I guess" one more time, I guess.]

I don't know Bum, i'm nethier a mod or admin. Saying that if there was something that concerned me directly i have always been able to get an answer here when i needed one, either from Dane or from the mods. They don't work in isolation.

I don`t get it. I just don`t get it !
Why doesn`t the person who banned him step up and say "I banned him and here`s why..."
Talk about "the faceless men".

punkin said:
If they want to know how not to get banned they should follow the moderation Guidleines if they can find them. I couldn't with a search just then.
Moderation Policy

Site moderators are fellow website members with elevated privileges. This includes the ability to edit, move or delete posted content, remove the ability of an individual to post content, or temporarily remove an individuals site access.

Site administrators have complete administrative rights and may permanently remove posted content, delete or edit individuals accounts, as well as view, edit or delete Private Messages.

The moderation policy for AHB is as follows:

1. Moderators may at their discretion move, consolidate or split any content that they believe is in the incorrect sub forum or is duplicated.
2. Moderators may delete content which they believes contravenes the site rules. Deleted content can be restored, and this may later be overturned by an administrator.
3. Any actions which a moderator believes to seriously contravene the site rules may result in a moderator temporarily removing an individuals ability to post content, or temporarily removing an individuals site access.
4. Moderators decisions are not final. Any action by a moderator can be escalated to the site administrators for further review.
5. Site administrators decisions are final.

Repeated Breaches

Any member who continues to breach the rules of the site after having content deleted (i.e. reposts deleted material), or receiving a PM warning from a moderator will have their account suspended for 24 hours. Repeat offenses after this will result in a one week ban, followed by revocation of membership.

gallery_23372_926_495942.gif

punkin said:
Without going through and finding post after post, it's this sort of stuff i'm talking about.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/73089-how-do-i-improve-aussiehomebrewer/?p=1049162

edit; There was a post after that one that was pretty rude by him that i believe has been rightfully deleted aimed at the owners of the site.

As i said, he's not alone and my guess is a guess the same as anyone elses, but i'd suggest that if anyone really has a genuine reason for wanting to know business that's between one member and the admin of the site, that a private message to the admin is the proper method rather than a public thread that won't be responded to and is likely to be deleted.

Punkin, you will find the Guidelines here they are in their own sub forum located in the main welcome forum, it's the first forum you see at the top of the page when you enter AHB.
They probably could be made more obvious but even if they were most people still wouldn't bother to read them, they don't when they sign up and agree to them either.

Seeing we now have moderators posting in this thread, how about getting back on topic and actually responding to the OP instead of just completely ignoring the topic?

It's like pretty much any website or application install, tick the box "I agree to the following...blah, blah", no one ever reads that.

Florian said:
Seeing we now have moderators posting in this thread, how about getting back on topic and actually responding to the OP instead of just completely ignoring the topic?
Florian as much as you and others may not like the idea NickJD was banned for breaking the Forum guidelines, I've linked to the guidelines in the post above, as I am not an Administrator I can't comment on something that is the result of Admin action.
As some on here have said read the guidelines and you may get a general idea why he was banned.

Oh dear.

Now, gents. Please think carefully before responding.

AndrewQLD said:
Florian as much as you and others may not like the idea NickJD was banned for breaking the Forum guidelines, I've linked to the guidelines in the post above, as I am not an Administrator I can't comment on something that is the result of Admin action.
As some on here have said read the guidelines and you may get a general idea why he was banned.
Thanks Andrew, that is the sort of response I was after and all I really wanted to know.

Now at least I know who's decision it was and also who's decision it wasn't and can make my own rhyme on that.

Thanks again, topic solved (at least for me).

staggalee said:
I don`t get it. I just don`t get it !
Why doesn`t the person who banned him step up and say "I banned him and here`s why..."
Talk about "the faceless men".
Really? I'm interested to know why you think this should be so.

To me, why should the site owners or their appointed moderators have to justify themselves ?
It's their site to do with as they please.

If you disagree with them, you are certainly at liberty to start your own forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back