Why floor tiles and long necks don't mix

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ80

Reaction score
Arvo all,

Feeling a cool evening coming on, I decided to sneak a long neck of porter into the fridge to chill down a bit, not that it's really needed today in melbs. Later, while getting milk out for a cuppa, I knocked said long neck out of the fridge and onto the tiles...filling my kitchen with flying glass and the smell of delicious home brewed porter.

The upside is i can now honestly say I've been glassed in the face (withholding the "by myself" bit naturally) after receiving a 7cm gash down the cheek. Downsides, I was really looking forward to that porter and it was a vintage(ish) CUB long neck...

I just wonder if I can leverage off this to convince the wife that it is time for kegging...purely in the name of safety of course!!

Glad ur ok. Sounds like it was over carbed as well to get that explosion.

But your premise is incorrect. Tiles and glass dont mix. If it was a PET 750ml bottle it would have been fine. Now I tell u thisso that when u go the keg argument your prepared for the 'cant u use plastic or something else' line from the missus. Stainless bottles ie kegs are much safer. Tell her your thinking her safety not yours.

It would look a lot nicer having a keg setup packed away in a fridge. I've got bottles all over the apartment in milk crates. Would be great to just have a fridge with it all nicely stowed away!

That is the sort of argument I would use with my other half!

Latest posts

Back