Why are there two YouTubes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I was going to go to a Belinda Carlisle concert but something else came up. Was talking about it today when I was out with a friend and they asked me to refresh their memory on who Belinda Carlisle is (as would be reasonable of course).

I said "I'll bring up a couple of numbers on YouTube and you can have a look, you'll remember these from the 80s"

So I fired up ye mighty Android and looked in vain for Summer Rain, Keep a Light on etc. Plenty of amateur submitted stuff from her Rooty Hill gig whatever but absolutely no "official" videos.
On the desktop of course it's full of "official versions" just as you'd see as video clips from the time.

The playlist for everything seems to be different on the phone as opposed to the desktop. Is there some sort of DRM thing happening here? A bit puzzled.

Some videos are restricted from playing on mobiles, it could be that?

I download an app for searching vids on youtube, will see if I still have it. I havnt had a problem searching for stuff on youtube with the ipad.

Good ol Belinda Carlisle, pretty sure I had a cassingle :ph34r:

Edit, App is called videohunter, was free on app of the day.

Are you using the same login credentials for both devices?

If not (or if you're not loging-in at all (which I do not do, myself)), the difference could simply be based on your own difference in behaviour in each account/on each device.

bradsbrew said:
Good ol Belinda Carlisle, pretty sure I had a cassingle :ph34r:
I raise you WHAM...

....not the cassingle bit....cause that would be like waiting at the bike shop waiting for a yellow frame BMX.....

It is not actually two tubes, it is a circulatory loop which can appear to be two tubes from a few angles. Content is added via a venturi inlet, which is why most content sucks.

I suffer from most stuff I want to watch not being available on my mobile also. But I would never admit to Belinda Carlisle. Kate Pierson was the ticket.

i love belinda carlisle. i think i overplayed my tape as a youngster and it was buggered.

it kept unravelling in the cassette player and getting caught, and i would have to carefully remove all of the tape and then wind it back on to the cassette to play it again. #90sproblems

Bragging: she's quite good friends with my uncle and I met her at a party in the early 90s when I was about 10.

Lucky man. Claim to fame: Shirley Bassey's brother ran up the arse end of my landlady's car in Cardiff.

As for YouTube, I reckon they have my profile worked out, they are now unleashing Aldi ads on me. They knoooowwww.

I give up :unsure:

Youtube ad.jpg

I try to be entirely logged out of google when using youtube for that reason.

Her biggest fan base was in Australia, funnily enough she was never that big in the USA, (on the same principle as ABBA)

So she does a tour every few years but of course has joined the ranks of the oldies who only do the RSLs etc nowadays.

They played about four of her songs end to end in Coles yesterday, oh still my beating heart.

supa IGA usually does Bowie, go IGA :lol:

Back