Who's A Lucky Sob That's Going Away This Xmas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
So who's going away on some fantastic holiday or exotic location and who's stuck at home like me this Xmas?

Last year I went to Mallacoota because a friend of mine was seeinggifting who had a boat so we went skiing. But she's split with him now so sadly no boat and no Mallacoota (selfish bitch..lol)

I am stuck at home for 3 weeks working on unfinished projects. may get a couple of days of camping in with the girls or at least a couple of days on the beach but this house, a 4 year project, is now going into its 9th year <_< Two kids have slowed it down a bit I guess.

Best thing is I've set up a single batch BIAB system whilst the big rig is pulled apart ready to be a 120L herms. So I will be able to slip quite a few brews in whilst working around the house.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Im going to Tassie to see if i can see anyone with two heads! Also to spend time with the girlfriends family and eat all there food and drink all there grog! :)

Tasmania for Christmas for me, first time to Tassie and I'm looking forward to it. Then off to Sydney for new years eve and a few extra days. Then back to Melbourne where I'll have a few days to get some diving and brewing in then back to work. Normally I work through Christmas so it's good to finally have one off.

Sydney to visit the in-laws for Christmas, it counts as 'going away' but not exotic or 'fantastic'.

Just got back from 3 weeks in the States so it seems unlikely. Still - on holidays 'til the end of feb so we'll see what happens in the interim.

Sydney to visit the in-laws for Christmas, it counts as 'going away' but not exotic or 'fantastic'.
Sydney's not 'fantastic'. It's 'faaaabulous, daaahling'

south-park.jpg

:lol:

Stuck at home AGAIN! Poor me! :lol:
Love the SOB in the thread title. Just another little reminder of how our national identity is going down the gurgler.

TP

Staying at home by myself as the missus and kids have gone to the states to visit the mother in law. It's a bit ronery, but I get comfort knowing that I am going to the Sierra Navada Beer Camp next year courtesy of BABBs.

cheers

Browndog

I get comfort knowing that I am going to the Sierra Navada Beer Camp next year courtesy of BABBs.
And there goes anyone's chance of making anyone jealous with their holiday plans.

I'm back to the Isa tomorrow and return 5th January. I'm part of he lucky crew that got xmas and new years at work. Sucks to be me, I'll be on nightshift xmas too. :angry: Boo hoo

Not really exotic but a major change in my wife's attitude has resulted in just "us": me, wife, two kids - going away by ourselves over the xmas break. This is the first year we're not driving halfway across the country or altering our plans to be with either my or her family.

We're just going to Jasper, about 4 hours away, so not too far. The wife and kids are going skiing and I'm going to Jasper Brewing Company (I hate skiing but oddly enough I love beer). :p

So who's going away on some fantastic holiday or exotic location and who's stuck at home like me this Xmas?

Last year I went to Mallacoota because a friend of mine was seeinggifting who had a boat so we went skiing. But she's split with him now so sadly no boat and no Mallacoota (selfish bitch..lol)

seeinggifting = seeing a guy. (Damn Iphone autocorrect)

@ Peakydh..Ive got some cousins in Tassie who are abalone divers, you doing any diving over there?

The folks holiday joint at Yamba, where the view from the front door looks like this. Unless its pissing rain. Which it will invariably do at some stage.

DSC00354.jpg

Notably, the week long stay will be book-ended by two driving stints of at least 8 hours with a 13 month old child. I may decide to purchase one of those in car DVD players, but is a Playschool / Giggle & Hoot marathon the lesser of two evils?

seeinggifting = seeing a guy. (Damn Iphone autocorrect)

@ Peakydh..Ive got some cousins in Tassie who are abalone divers, you doing any diving over there?
Yeah I was wondering wtf that meant. Seeing-gifting... could be a new catch phrase for 2012.

Hangin' at home, quality time with the wife & kids, and hopefully head to the beach if this damn weather clears up. (at least I'm not busting a nut trying to keep 2 fermenters cool!)

working till christmas eve,then have six day's off,then work 7 days..some have to keep the country going

Notably, the week long stay will be book-ended by two driving stints of at least 8 hours with a 13 month old child. I may decide to purchase one of those in car DVD players, but is a Playschool / Giggle & Hoot marathon the lesser of two evils?

With or with out the dvd player, you're up for at least 6 hours of evil :(

Nothing special. Driving from Port Mac to Sydney, and staying with daughter and son-in-law over the weekend in Neutral Bay.

Christmas lunch with his mother. Earplugs packed to protect my hearing.

We have been given special dispensation to visit son, daughter-in-law, and 3 grandkids on boxing day, if we arrive between 10:30 am and 11:00 am. No talk of lunch, they seem to want us out the door as fast as possible. I'm very high up on d-i-l's list of unfavourite people, and it's a long list. Never understood why, always been civil and nice to her etc but, hey, the world is full of crazies, so why shouldn't our family have one too?

Supposed to be working tomorrow morning, but am feeling a bit "sick". Then will be driving up to the parent's farm near Kempsey from Sydney. Damn double demerits are going to make it a long trip.

Will be there till Boxing day and then back at work on Tuesday, if I feel "better" (got to love knowing that your quitting in a months time and just not giving a **** anymore)

Latest posts

Back