Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow said:
Get a mountain bike guys...and come riding with me!

Motorbikes are for lazy wusses.

:ph34r: :ph34r: ;)
[post="100973"][/post]​

Well i have a hybrid so if you just jump on yours and ride over I'll go riding with you :party:

Snow said:

[post="100973"][/post]​

Mountain bikes rock, I'll join you Snow. A mate in Sydney who rides a Hayabusa (High Abuser as he calls it) put me off bikes. In one year he smashed his collar bones, then when that was fixed one of his hips amongst other bones as well as having to replace the first Hayabusa with another. He has trouble going through metal detectors as does a motor cycle courier mate. Though he was managed 300km on the Hay plains.

nonicman said:
Snow said:

[post="100973"][/post]​

Mountain bikes rock, I'll join you Snow. A mate in Sydney who rides a Hayabusa (High Abuser as he calls it) put me off bikes. In one year he smashed his collar bones, then when that was fixed one of his hips amongst other bones as well as having to replace the first Hayabusa with another. He has trouble going through metal detectors as does a motor cycle courier mate. Though he was managed 300km on the Hay plains.
[post="100995"][/post]​

Yeah they can certainly cause some damage! I don't get off-road as much as I'd like these days, because of kids, work and....homebrewing :rolleyes:, but I did manage to snap an Avanti Competitor frame, tear my ankle ligaments and donate a few kilos of skin to mother earth over the last couple of years!

- Snow

Sorry about the image quality.

This is my favourite bike so far.

I've had a few since I was 16.

wiong.jpg

Darren said:
You sporting a beard there steve?
[post="101081"][/post]​

Yes Darren,

Lost the beard -- and most of the hair -- I still have the bike though :)

satchmo said:
Zwickel Ihr Motorrad is sehr gut! Wie alt ist dein Motorrad?
hi satchmo,

You own a very nice bike. I guess, it makes a lot of fun riding it.

Our (my wife ist a passionate biker too) bikes are already 6years old and one has 45000km and the other one 28000 km on the counter.

Im riding motorbikes since I was 16years old. Now Im 58 and all my bones are still unbroken.

But one thing does not match at all: drinking beer and riding bike! not at the same time.

Riding motorbikes is a little bit like brewing beer, if you have ever startet it, you get stuck on it.

Cheers

Bikes are my other great passion (I haven't owned a car since '96). Here's my current ride a Suzuki Vstrom 650. It's an all roads tourer and has taken me to many interesting places such as Cabramurra (Australia's highest town and literaly just up the road)

5530778-M.jpg

and Cobar (on the way back from the Mt Grenfell rock art site).

11254156-M.jpg

I have 3 at the moment

1998 Ducati 916 (Bought it new)
1998 Suzuki RMX 250 (Bought near new)
Road race bike (Honda NSR 250 rolling chassis with a Yamaha TT/XT 600cc engine)

Ill post some photo's another day if I remember.

Ahhh, a decent off topic thread.
DRZ400, ridden everyday to work, and a spare set of wheels for the dirt.
Binacrombi Trail Park in a week and a half, can't wait!
Just finished a resto on a Ymaha YSR50 and managed to get it rego'd too.
Ought to be worth a few quid.
Got bitten by the bug bad in the early 90's and the list of bike reads like this:

84 KR250
90 ZZR600
95 ZX6R
93 CBR900RR
97 GSXR600 - Road raced this for 4 years and had the time of my life.
96 KTM250
03 DRZ250
04 TTR250
00DRZ400
88 YSR50

My wife wouldn't let me give up bikes as I'm hell to live without them.
Miss the roadracing though, but it would be grounds for divorce if I went back ATM

DSC01088.JPG
DSC01196.JPG

Had this little beast for a about 5 years now.

Picture_0032.jpg

Been riding since I got a Pee Wee 50 for my seventh birthday.
Also owned:
74 DT175
8? DT175
?? KDX200
84 KR250
90 RGV250

Busboy: yeah, 650cc parallel twin. It's lots of fun, and for some reason the front wheel keeps coming off the ground.

Yep, I ride <_< a Dyna Glide HD 1450cc seven and half years old [Feb 99] and never missed a beat with 100K+ on the clock. Started on British bikes in 72, remember Lucas 'the prince of darkness' :D ] and gears and foot brake the other side? Took awhile to adjust, hill starts took awhile to re-learn on the Jappers, then the usual Jap crap, then 7 good Yamaha, now I just cruise B) .

Started off on a Suzi DR250 many moons ago, stepped up to a 750 Katana (pop up headlight) early 90's and got smashed up pretty bad by a hit and run driver - nearly lost a leg out of that one. Stayed off bikes for a while then got a Kwaka ZZR1100 mid 90's. Sold it a few years latter and stuck to 4 wheels until I moved from Brisbane. Moved to the NT in 2000, 2001 saw me with a brand new Suzi Hayabusa GSX1300R. Sold it late 2002 cause I got bored with going fast in a straight line (not to many twisty bits around Katherine). Unrestricted roads do get boring - trust me. Now in Darwin and miss the Busa - would have been fun in the traffic :rolleyes:
Cheers
nt
:beer:

mine.jpg
Well NTBoozer, this ought to bring back some memorys for you. It's my 84 pop-up. Bought it trashed for $1000 last year and spent some time bringing it back to original. When I was a young bloke I was into Ducati's big time. These days I just enjoy riding to work and about town.

cheers

Browndog

I got me a 91 CBR 250 RR at the moment. In six months i'll get a 600 when im off my P's and get some track glass for my 250. I love riding, rain, sun, windy, doesn't matter!

Started with a VTR250, then had a Ducati 750S for a few years. Loved that but was putting too many k's on it commuting 100km a day, so traded it when it hit 55,000km for a Yamaha FZ1. Brilliant bike. Fast, comfortable and you can stick a carton in the Givi top box I just put on it. There's a pic here: http://flickr.com/photos/markr/62632891/

Back