Who Is Greg Ray?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grw74

Reaction score
Does anyone know who Greg Ray is? (the bloke who does the beer review in The Newcastle Herald on Saturdays) They seemed to have disposed of Tony Troughear but Greg Ray does exactly the same job.(ie, Brewery history from a website, drank it with my wife/neighbour/dog and everything gets a 3...) It gives you the S^%ts

That's my rant, anyway...

Cheers to all

Does anyone know who Greg Ray is? (the bloke who does the beer review in The Newcastle Herald on Saturdays) They seemed to have disposed of Tony Troughear but Greg Ray does exactly the same job.(ie, Brewery history from a website, drank it with my wife/neighbour/dog and everything gets a 3...) It gives you the S^%ts

That's my rant, anyway...

Cheers to all

I am Greg and so is my brother :excl:

If you are, you need your arse kicked.
Anyone who declares Tooheys Gold as "a pleasant hoppy beer for the quaffers at a sensible price" should be certified.
I don`t think your reviews carry a lt of weight, myself.

If you are, you need your arse kicked.
Anyone who declares Tooheys Gold as "a pleasant hoppy beer for the quaffers at a sensible price" should be certified.
I don`t think your reviews carry a lt of weight, myself.

Tooheys Gold
Smooth, generous malt , balanced with lovely hops.
Great for dickheads that want lots of piss at a cheeeeep price
Phhhffftttt

didnt they give the VB gold 2.5 out of 3.

They dont all get a fill reting :)

I dont think that columm in the herald on saturday id written for folks like us.

Its more for the folks that recon new and VB are the best beers on the planet.

I must say......... if im at the pub with family for a meal and driving, i do enjoy a XXXX Gold!

It is what it is!.......... No point knocking it cause its not home brew or a $25 bottle of belgian swill.

If its fresh, cold and well treated i recon XXXX Gold is a nice drop!

As for old mates reviews........... I dont even read them any more. I was at my parents place on friday arvo and my dad dropped the latest one in front of me for a look. It was that cascade green hop harvest beer. He said it was all sold out.............and i thought.......... well, why are you reviewing it? I cant buy any so what do i care.

anyway..............

cheers

He is the replacement for Troughear, who got sick of writing about beer.

And, no doubt, those wanky homebrewers, who turn up to beer tastings and can't wait to tell him that he's a complete tool coz he likes some crap beer. They just might be right, but does that justify being a knob to some guy who writes about beer for a living?

Hey, they could hire me if they want. I'm happy to work for casual rates, or even piece-work.

Oh, and Mantis...put down the beer and back away from the bar - now! :rolleyes:

My 2 cents worth :p

Latest posts

Back