Who Is Doing, What Lagers At The Moment?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Doc, I was reading about Imperial Pils last night from Rouge Brewery. What info have you got?
Not much info yet TDA. Just started researching.
If anyone has any good links please post them up here.

Beers,
Doc

how big is the fridge and how much can you fit in it??
I am looking to get a fridge for brewing in so i can continue brewing lagers throughout the summer. Hopefully i can find one that can fit the fermentor and a couple of carboys.

I only use the fridge for CC. The beauty of Canberra weather is that its perfect for lagers in winter and perfect for ales in summer. We just use a light bulb and a cupboard to make sure the temp doesn't drop below 10C.

I'd need another fridge if I kegged though.

Bobby said:
how big is the fridge and how much can you fit in it??
I am looking to get a fridge for brewing in so i can continue brewing lagers throughout the summer. Hopefully i can find one that can fit the fermentor and a couple of carboys.
I use a Phillips 500 litre (I think, could be 550) fridge/freezer. Could have done without the freezer part but I got it for $300 in very god condition, so I'm not complaining. Fits a 25L pail and three kegs no worries, or six kegs otherwise.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

and no need for a temp controller?? do feed the power cord for the pad through the seal??

lagernut said:
Hey SJW 200g DEX does seam a bit too much i use 185g per 23LT .7 days in primary is a bit short i leave mine in 14 days min 21 days max at 11c to 14c, 5 days daicetyl rest at 17c, CC for 4 weeks at 0c Last week just bottled munich helles & cascade lager now have in primary muntons lager & j boag clone (morgans blue mtns lager) hoping to do a couple of pils as well

Cheers
Lagernut :chug: :chug:
I thought that was the case, but back then i did not know any better. Now i do pretty much what all the fellas do, ie. 2 weeks primary @ 12 deg, 3 days rest @ 18, then CC for a couple weeks @ 0 deg. Bock in CC at the mo, and doing the Oktoberfest tonight :D
And am going to try batch sparging as the Bock was done using the fly method and i only got 50% eff.
Also do u guys who use dry yeast rehydrate it? <_<

Is it possible to CC a pilsner in a keg, will say 40psi on top, for a couple of months, or is it better to CC in cube then transfer to keg?

Cheers,
Jase

Good Day
I have two Bohemian Pilsners that were bottled two weeks ago, also one in the primary, 2 helles, a dunkel and a schwarzbier in secondaries. I intend to make a vienna, maibock and more helles in the next few weeks. I use WLP San Fran which is a great, easy to use and forgiving yeast for all malty lagers brewed in a garage relying on winter temps. While there are many goood lager yeasts the San Fran is a great lager yeast IMHO.
All the best, Barry.

Is it possible to CC a pilsner in a keg, will say 40psi on top, for a couple of months, or is it better to CC in cube then transfer to keg?

Jase,
You can CC any beer in a keg if you wish but if you apply 40 psi constantly to the keg you will have a beer with HUGE carbonation.
What I have done is put the beer in the keg and hook it to the CO2 and charge the keg with 40 psi to seal the lid etc and then purge the headspace of air and disconnect the keg from the CO2 and CC in the fridge. This way the beer wont be absorbing CO2 for the period that it is CC ing.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back