White Labs Yeast Mel.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im wanting to put on a Kolsh (Summer Days Kolsh) from the recipe DB. It calls for White Labs WLP029 German Ale/Kolsh yeast. I usally shop at G&G but they dont stock white labs, I looked on CraftBrewer but they dont have any either. Any Ideas guys. Either in Mel or mail order cheers guys.

Hey guys.

Im wanting to put on a Kolsh (Summer Days Kolsh) from the recipe DB. It calls for White Labs WLP029 German Ale/Kolsh yeast. I usally shop at G&G but they dont stock white labs, I looked on CraftBrewer but they dont have any either. Any Ideas guys. Either in Mel or mail order cheers guys.

Hmmm..... :rolleyes:

Visit My Website

Thanks BCP.

I had thought about using an equivanlent Wyeast instead as this is the brand of liquid yeast I usally use but would like to stay as authentic to the recipe as I can. I would like to find somewhere in melbourne I can buy it. Never used White Labs before and im keen to give it a go given all the good feedback Ive herd about it.

cheers Rob

i have never used the whitelabs kolsh yeast but with 1007 allow plenty of time for cold conditioning as the yeast take forever to flocc.

ESB and The Brew Shop supply Whitelabs yeast, see their link at top of page.
Like the 1007 it needs cold conditioning to clear and to gain the crisp flavour profile.

PS My 1000 post, that came around quickly.

I got that exact yeast from boronia home brew shop. It's a great little yeast.
Edit: call em first they had to order it.

Yup Brewers Den in Boronia have whitelabs yeasts. But call first is my bet to check the range they have in stock.

Cheers,

Hopper.

Cheers guys thanks alot. Might give the den s ring and see if they can get some in for me.
Thanks Rob

Thanks BCP.

I had thought about using an equivanlent Wyeast instead as this is the brand of liquid yeast I usally use but would like to stay as authentic to the recipe as I can. I would like to find somewhere in melbourne I can buy it. Never used White Labs before and im keen to give it a go given all the good feedback Ive herd about it.

cheers Rob

I've used both Wyeast and White labs strains numerous times...They are effectively the same yeast and produced identical results in my Kolsch brews.

Wallington WRG on down the Bellarine Peninsula stock White Labs. Might be quicker for you to get to than Melbourne.

Thanks for all the input guys have order some from The Den will be in in a day or two.. Thanks again will let you know how the Kolsh goes.

Back