Which Torrent Client Are You Using

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truman said:
i can get most popular TV shows within 15 minutes as well and Im on ADSl1. But Im connected to a rim and only 500 metres from the rim so get very good download speeds. Like living that far from the actual exchange. I was cursing when I found out I was on a rim and could only get adsl1 but not anymore.
My last house i lived about 500m from the exchange with ADSL2 - was freaking awsome. My new place, i think i'm the last house from exchanges in both directions so even though its ADSL2, it sucks ass.

citymorgue2 said:
Yeah from exp your right u just have to wait for people to be seeding and older stuff is less seeded. All good.
Mind u the playback atm is shocking. Its like streaming directly from net. Will fix that.
Once torrents are seeding the cable connection cranks through.

Tried a new media player (VLC) and its was better but still not perfect, which means the laptop isnt up to it so a media centre is required. WDTV Live. Good cheap unit. Only the fkr wgo sold it to me led me to beleive that their was a hdmi cable incl. There isnt. And to top it off my tv only has 2 hdmi cable outlets which the dvr and dvd player are hooked up to. Talk about PITA. Now im going to bhave to pull out the hdmi connected to the dvd player every time I want to use the media player. And im short a fkn ethernet cable to connect the player to the modem. PITA all round.

citymorgue2 said:
Tried a new media player (VLC) and its was better but still not perfect, which means the laptop isnt up to it so a media centre is required. WDTV Live. Good cheap unit. Only the fkr wgo sold it to me led me to beleive that their was a hdmi cable incl. There isnt. And to top it off my tv only has 2 hdmi cable outlets which the dvr and dvd player are hooked up to. Talk about PITA. Now im going to bhave to pull out the hdmi connected to the dvd player every time I want to use the media player. And im short a fkn ethernet cable to connect the player to the modem. PITA all round.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/64618-first-world-problems-thread/

:lol:

citymorgue2 said:
Once torrents are seeding the cable connection cranks through.

VLC player is good and plays most codecs no problem maybe your computer CPU is too slow to give a smooth playback.

If you need a HDMI splitter you can get them from herehttp://www.ezyhd-cables.com.au/hdmi-switcher.html

I also use the KM Player which is freeware and works quite nicely.

I use Deluge.

It doesnt have the annoying and gratuitous advertising that utorrent does.

Edit, i also use Torrentday as tracker. I have a couple of invites too.;)

Deluge. Released under GNU3, and something that I could quickly and easily grab when using Linux or Windows. Though Transmission is the default in Ubuntu/Mint and I can get in Windows, I've not really switched my Windows machines over.

Back