Which Food Saver Machine?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone use a Food Saver/Vacuum machines to keep grain/hops? Have been looking at a few on evilbay and wondered which machine others use?

They bags look a little small to store larger quantities of grain??

Peter

Have a search here for vaccum sealers, there was a fairly recent thread which got me over the line and bought one.. Came with a pack of bags and 4 rolls..

One of the best bits of kit ive ever bought for the brewery.

Anyone found replacement seals for the Sunbeam VAC 440. the large black foam seal on mine is broken so I can't vac anymore.
Or has anyone done a ghetto style fix?

cheers

Maxkon for the win!

Shits all over the sunbeam (which ive also owned).

Check ebay....every second listing seems to be one. Cheap and very good quality.

Yep, I'm with Big Nath on this one... Maxkon all the way. The one I linked also does canisters and comes with 6m bags already for $70.

Do they take both types of bags or just channel?

To be honest mate, I really don't know. However it does say this, "Reseals Foods in their Original Package (e.g. Potato Chips) or Bags Provided". I have successfully vac packed bags of chips without any issues.

To be honest mate, I really don't know. However it does say this, "Reseals Foods in their Original Package (e.g. Potato Chips) or Bags Provided". I have successfully vac packed bags of chips without any issues.

I think they seal, but not vacuum standard plastic bags. I've resealed specialty grains in the bags I got them in, but it does need the channel bags for vac sealing. There are places both on ebay and the web to get the channel bags / rolls cheap.

I think they seal, but not vacuum standard plastic bags. I've resealed specialty grains in the bags I got them in, but it does need the channel bags for vac sealing. There are places both on ebay and the web to get the channel bags / rolls cheap.

I usually get these ones, 28cm x 20m for less than $30. For 50g bag of hops I cut them to length then cut through the middle and seal all edges but the opening of course. I make 2 bags from the one length thus really getting 40m of bags if I was to use for only hops. ummm assuming you understand what I mean.

Back