Which Co2 Cylinder?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the issue is'nt always owning you're own it's more can it be refilled?

before you buy have you checked you can get it filled somewhere?

I went through all of this and some places have problems refilling cylinders that are not their's or too small!

Don't know about where you are but in melbourne BOC gasses only wanted to fill their own bottles and Supagas would only fill a dated bottle 6kg or over.

food for thaught. just check they are in date and you can refill them and you'll be fine, those prices looked okay to me.

the issue is'nt always owning you're own it's more can it be refilled?

before you buy have you checked you can get it filled somewhere?

I went through all of this and some places have problems refilling cylinders that are not their's or too small!

Don't know about where you are but in melbourne BOC gasses only wanted to fill their own bottles and Supagas would only fill a dated bottle 6kg or over.

food for thaught. just check they are in date and you can refill them and you'll be fine, those prices looked okay to me.
Swap N Go, mate. Too easy.

I have two keg king bottles and absolutely no complaints. I keep one as a spare for change over when the other finishes (just like my BBQ gas) and swap it at local HBS. The only reason I went this option was because I was confident of being able to swap it.

Contact Keg King and they can advise who swaps bottles in your area. If you can find someone to swap it then it is a great alternative to BOC etc. My2c

2/3 of the homebrew stores ive been to have fill stations, one of them i didn't even know had one till I asked. Maybe ask your LHBS, or ring around and see if any do? filling is cheaper than swapping, plus you get to keep your shiny new cylinder :)

Back