Which Brew Shop?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlespottytrout

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My first post - great site!

I live in Inner Western Sydney and have been brewing for a couple of years now and mostly do extract brews, some kit brews and the occasional partial mash.

Just wondering (for all you guys that live in Sydney and particularly the inner west), where do you blokes shop?

The shop that I usually go to has gone down hill in a big way recently, they never seem to have what I want in stock. Not sure if it's appropriate to mention the name except that it's not far from home.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

The little spotty one

You could always try ESB in Peakhurst, if you're not happy with your local HBS.

try leon(another ESB) at Randwick(clovelly Rd), David(hop to it) on Botany rd at botany and the brew shop, forest rd peakhurst.

found the first 2 to be better.....re reading the post prolly David at Botany would be better suited to your needs...tell him Linz sent you!!

Thanks Linz,

I might give the shop at Botany a go.

Have been to the shop at Clovelly a couple of times but it means driving across the City on a Saturday morning. Ahhhh the joys of living in Sydney!

Excuse the self-promotion, but also consider Blue Mountains Brewing Supplies, 4751-4292. We're at Faulconbridge, just off of the Great Western H'way, about 45 minutes from Parramatta. We're open all day Wed to Sat plus Sunday until 1:30. If you're looking to do something with grain we have infusion packs with hops and mini-mash packs with hops. Also have a partial mash system which is easier than an extract brew and produces a much better beer. We have monthly demonstrations - had one on Sunday for partial mash with 1 person from Marickville and another from Newtown.

www.bmbrews.com.au
www.bmbrews.com.au/info/partialmash.html

regards
Pat

I'll second the ESB recommendation - excellent delivery service. Grain and Grape in Victoria also do a terrific mail order service - overnight express hops delivery.

cheers
reg

Back