Which Beer Forums Do You Use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Other than AHB, which forums do you guys/gals visit & how do you rate them?

I only tend to visit Grumpys, but getting tired of the trolls it attracts...

Bazza

Reaction score
I only use AHB, I've had a look at three or four others (Grumpys, TCB one from realbeer.com and a kiwi one) but none had the wide variety of different homebrewers that this site has. There seems to be a really good cross section of people on this site.

Speaking of which, is it possible to get a poll going to see where the HB'ers were born if not in Oz?

T.D.

Hop Whore
Reaction score
I swing by the Grumpy's and Country Brewer forums from time to time.

Grumpy's ID: TD
Country Brewer ID: Timmo

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
I used to use Grumpy's & Goliath but only use AHB & lurk on Craftbrewer now.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
only AHB used to go buy grumps

what with the weather , fishing and brewing plus news and earthquake reports it can lead to allday in front of the computer and no work around the brewery :)

Cheers fnqbunyip

Aaron

Reaction score
Just AHB for me.

Justin

Reaction score
I frequent a few, but post mostly on this one. AHB is my favourite but the others fill in the gaps when things are slow here. But I think for a sense of community and a forum where no one is afraid to make a post, AHB is the best.

I regularly read and post on the Brews and Views forum of HBD: http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

Also the rec.crafts.brewing Google forum, mainly for the HBD daily digest that I can't seem to read if I go directly to the HBD, not sure why: http://www.brewing-forum.net/brewing/

oz.craftbrewers.org I get the daily digest sent to my email account, post on occassion.

Also do a swing past the Northern Brewer and More Beer forums, plus more recently I've browsed over the Brewboard and Brewcommune.

I post a little bit on Grumpys but I get frustrated on that forum for the most part and don't have a lot of time for it. No offense intended to anyone on it or those who read it but I don't tend to find much info of interest or value on that forum, but in my opinion it serves a slightly different readership and that's perfectly fine. They could really do with a registered membership thing to cut down on trolls though as stated above.

So yep. Read a few different forums and pick up bits of info of all of them, I like to read about brewing.

Cheers, Justin

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Mainly here & Grumpy's, both good.
Used to visit homebrew&beer, but getting sick of Olivers biased opinions

Normell

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Grumpys, AHB and just starting visiting the canberrabrewers one for local news, info etc etc. I have a very boring job, nothing much to do all day so frequent both often to relieve the boredom and learn more about my addiction to making beer.
Cheers
Steve

B

bindi

AHB and Grumpys also, check the others out when I have time.

Gough

Maintain the Rage!
Reaction score
AHB, occasionally Grumpy's, lurker on OzCb, very occasionally Northern Brewer and Morebeer...

Shawn.

joecast

Eat, drink...and drink some more.
Reaction score
ahb for its homebrewing related info. all in quick time and very thorough.

beeradvocate for anything else about beer

joe

quincy

Reaction score
AHB.
Lurk at Grumpy's, Brewboard, Northern Brewer and homebrewandbeer.

Cheers

devo

Str8outtaCoburg
Reaction score
I use the brewrats forum from time to time. AHB is good but unfortunatley over moderate by the fun police. :angry:

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
I use AHB for everything and Grumpys every couple of days just to see whats on there.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
AHB, Brewboard, HBD, and a few minor ones less regularly.

Beers,
Doc

OCC

Reaction score
i use to be a bit of a forum slut, but now just pretty much stick with this one,maybe have a stroll though grumpys and the country brewer but only when i'm really bored..... occ

Latest posts