Quantcast

Where's the recipe's?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
I may be missing something here but when I go to the recipe db to look at a particular recipe like...
This is the discussion topic for the recipe: Raven's American Amber
I can't find the actual recipe itself like with the old site. You could select All Grain, extract etc.
Is it there somewhere or not?
Cheers

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
iirc - my grain bill is 90% Ale, 10% caramalt. 66mash
Oodles of late hops, og1050 ish. 35-40ibu ish, with Magnum at 60min to reach desired ibu

Given some time, Dane will have the recipe db up and running again after his modifications are complete..

Dan2

Reaction score
New here and been browsing the forums for recipe ideas.
I've found the DB discussion threads, but it's only (as it says) discussion about the recipes - not actual recipes.
Anyone able to direct me to the DB?

NewtownClown

Cenosilicaphobic
Reaction score
The entire site was very recently overhauled. It will return...

Dan2

Reaction score
NewtownClown said:
The entire site was very recently overhauled. It will return...
Cheers mate. Looking forward to it

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
In the meantime, people tend to post recipes more in threads than in the DB (the old DB was a bit too much of a PITA for most people). Have a look around the forums that relate to your brewing method and you'll find tonnes of inspiration - takes a little more work but is worth it.

If you brew AG then the What Are You Brewing sticky in the Pub forum is wall-to-wall recipes. That isn;t exclusively for AG but most recipes there tend to be grain based anyway.

Dan2

Reaction score
Bum - Started K&K about 10 years ago, tried a few extracts, then recently found out why they tasted way too sweet - used full boil amounts of hops, in a reduced volume boil (about 6-7 Litres by memory). When I realised my mistake it was glaringly obvious. But shit happens and mistakes is where most important lessons are learned.
Been off brewing a bit in the last few years, but getting excited about giving AG a crack. Just slowly chipping away at the finance minister at the moment - getting her used to the idea of spending some coin. Luckily she loves a quality ale too so hopefully it won't be long before the kitchen has some new shiny pots.
Meanwhile I'd better give the K&K a few last hurrahs to keep the fridge stacked.

Just found a post about the missing DB in the "Jan 2013 Upgrade Issue" thread.

Thanks for the advice

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
raven19 said:
iirc - my grain bill is 90% Ale, 10% caramalt. 66mash
Oodles of late hops, og1050 ish. 35-40ibu ish, with Magnum at 60min to reach desired ibu

Given some time, Dane will have the recipe db up and running again after his modifications are complete..
Cheers Rav.
Going to give this one a go shortly.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Too easy, Dan2. Welcome back to the hobby.

Latest posts