Where's The Best Place To Get Camlocs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrosnan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I camloced the brewery a while back but the fittings were rubbish, didn't close properly and I went back to garden connectors. Where's the best place to get decent ones? Mine were aluminium and the place I bought them from had SS but I can't find it, it was online. Any camloc users out there with advice?

Hi all,

I camloced the brewery a while back but the fittings were rubbish, didn't close properly and I went back to garden connectors. Where's the best place to get decent ones? Mine were aluminium and the place I bought them from had SS but I can't find it, it was online. Any camloc users out there with advice?

I got mine from geordi
T & S valves have got them too.

Try these guys Geordi

They don't sell online as such but you could send them an email asking if they could freight to Perth. Might be worth a shot.

Edit: beaten by Crusty

Dont mix and match brands either. I have some from geordi and some from T&S all in 1/2 inch and the male T&S will not fit in the female Geordis.

Got mine from Geordi too. Grabbed most of my stainless fittings from them, they have been great!

Most Stainless steel stockists will be able to sell you geordi stuff. I use Fagersta alot as they can sell to me for less than geordi will. Package always ships straight from geordi as well!
Just had a look and WA seems to be the only state without a Fagersta. Just ring around your local S/S merchants.

Also, get the Type 'B' female camlock fittings(with male thread) and use them with a 90 degree elbow, much easier to use and no hose kinking.

you could also try prochem. I use them for my home winery and at the winery I work in.

I would try Couplers theres one in O'Connor but the one nearest to you is at 8/2 Carson Road Malaga WA 6090

(08) 9248 9994

US option. Bought a heap recently from CHI Company. Cheap, I haver never seen another brand of Camlock to compare to but they seem to be of good quality. NPT isn't a problem for me.
Around half the price of local suppliers.

I did the same as david72, but shipping did take close to 1 month (postal services fault not Chi's).

Hi all,

My advise is call or email me.
Nev

What was the drama with the originals? Was it that the arms were very hard to close down? New kamlocks will sometimes need some lube to allow the 'kams' to slide.

What was the drama with the originals? Was it that the arms were very hard to close down? New kamlocks will sometimes need some lube to allow the 'kams' to slide.
Yep, very hard indeed. The Aluminium cracked under the pressure. Thanks for the tip.

To those with Chi camlocks: was NPT not an issue because you just threw them on BSP threads with a bit of teflon tape, or because you have an all-NPT brewery?

And how were the postage costs? (EDIT: I see the postage is listed on their site)

Yep, very hard indeed. The Aluminium cracked under the pressure. Thanks for the tip.

You may have got a mismatched M/F pair which didnt quite mate up correctly? From what I can tell, most of these stainless fittings come out of China where there are a lot different manufacturers. If for instance a local supplier sold out of male fittings(which happens, I had to wait for Geordi to get some in) and on the next order got a supply from a different manufacturer then they may have had slightly different camming surface profiles?

I had heard of reports of people buying cam locks at different times that didnt mate up with ones they had purchased previously. I mentioned this when I was in at Geordi buying mine and they said yeah its possible if the supplier changed. They took me out the back to look at them and try them to make sure they fit and cam correctly before I bought them. They also give me a discount for cash sales ^_^

Back