Where to stay in Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruiserbbq

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to be in Brisbane for a week....late this month (March) and would like recommendations as to where to stay that is handy to breweries and bars that stock quality craft beer.

Cheers Mark

When I'm in Brisbane I like Green Beacon Brewery. Some very nice beers in their brewpub.

Manor Apartment hotel is where my work puts me up. Right next to Queen Street mall, which is near Embassy. From manor, it's roughly equal distance to Newstead and Green Beacon.. Around $9 Uber in each direction.

Hi all, I'm going to be in Brisbane for a week....late this month (March) and would like recommendations as to where to stay that is handy to breweries and bars that stock quality craft beer.

Cheers Mark

If you can get somewhere in Fortitude Valley or New Farm or Newstead you will be near enough to these breweries; Green Beacon, Newstead Brewing, Range (highly recommend), Felons Brewing, Soapbox Beer

Would recommend, Bloodhound Bar, The Mill on Constance and Netherworld all great craft beer venues

Even if they will only put you up in the CBD you can get an Uber for less than $10

I was on Brisbane with work the last few days. I tried Felons, it's a swanky looking place on the river. The beer was rubbish. Really bland, catering for the wider market to recoup the investment I'd imagine.

I was on Brisbane with work the last few days. I tried Felons, it's a swanky looking place on the river. The beer was rubbish. Really bland, catering for the wider market to recoup the investment I'd imagine.

I am going Friday for my first look.. there has been massive hype from the non-beer crowds. FULL of people more or less constantly. They actually ran out of their own beer at one point. They have only recently installed more fermenters to keep up with demand which is amazing considering it only recently opened and they're already expanding.

Feed back from various groups seems to echo yours.. great venue, average beer. I think the owners were ex-little creatures? It was clearly set up as a money making venture rather than the pure love of beer that seems obvious.

Latest posts

Back