Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to stay in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Beer, Pub & Brewery Reviews' started by bruiserbbq, 4/3/19.

1. bruiserbbq

Posted 4/3/19
    Hi all, I'm going to be in Brisbane for a week....late this month (March) and would like recommendations as to where to stay that is handy to breweries and bars that stock quality craft beer.

Cheers Mark

2. chesl73

Posted 4/3/19
    When I'm in Brisbane I like Green Beacon Brewery. Some very nice beers in their brewpub.

3. chesl73

Posted 4/3/19
    There is also Newstead Brewery around the corner as well.

4. chesl73

Posted 4/3/19
  5. fungrel

Moderator Staff Member Moderating

IT Wench
    Posted 6/3/19
    Manor Apartment hotel is where my work puts me up. Right next to Queen Street mall, which is near Embassy. From manor, it's roughly equal distance to Newstead and Green Beacon.. Around $9 Uber in each direction.

6. TheBeerBaron

Posted 7/3/19
    If you can get somewhere in Fortitude Valley or New Farm or Newstead you will be near enough to these breweries; Green Beacon, Newstead Brewing, Range (highly recommend), Felons Brewing, Soapbox Beer

Would recommend, Bloodhound Bar, The Mill on Constance and Netherworld all great craft beer venues

Even if they will only put you up in the CBD you can get an Uber for less than $10

7. chesl73

Posted 7/3/19
    I was on Brisbane with work the last few days. I tried Felons, it's a swanky looking place on the river. The beer was rubbish. Really bland, catering for the wider market to recoup the investment I'd imagine.

8. TheBeerBaron

Posted 7/3/19
    I am going Friday for my first look.. there has been massive hype from the non-beer crowds. FULL of people more or less constantly. They actually ran out of their own beer at one point. They have only recently installed more fermenters to keep up with demand which is amazing considering it only recently opened and they're already expanding.

Feed back from various groups seems to echo yours.. great venue, average beer. I think the owners were ex-little creatures? It was clearly set up as a money making venture rather than the pure love of beer that seems obvious.

9. theQuinny

Posted 7/3/19
    Try to get to Newstead Brewing Co - across the road from Suncorp Stadium. Great beer.