Where to get suitable hose for HERMS brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezzwon

Reaction score
Hey lads,

I tried searching this subject for was only finding copper and gas fittings (got sidetracked by those for an hour haha)

I'm building my full AG HERMS setup at the moment, getting good prices on everything, except for hosing.

What suggestions are there out there on where to get hose from cheaply?
Keeping in mind i am the Brisbane area, and of course that the hose needs to be:-

• Food grade
  • Heat tolerant
  • see through (ideally)
  • able to be used with compression fittings
  • Imperial sizing
Ill be using alot of 1/2 inch and some 3/8 stuff in my setup.

Any suggestions will be a big help cheers fellas (and ladies!)

I'm not HERMS but silicon hose would do the trick surely? Fits all the criteria,is what I've generally seen used in other HERMS and is available from all sponsors in different sizes. Gryphon Brewing sometimes has cheap silicon hose (cheap price, not cheap quality).

manticle said:
I'm not HERMS but silicon hose would do the trick surely? Fits all the criteria, what I've seen used in other HERMS and available from all sponsors in different sizes. Gryphon Brewing sometimes has cheap silicon hose (cheap price, not cheap quality).
Yes, I will have new stock back end of next week, being customs processed as I write.
Its even thicker than my previous HD silicon hose.
Nev

Gryphon Brewing said:
Yes, I will have new stock back end of next week, being customs processed as I write.
Its even thicker than my previous HD silicon hose.
Nev
Excellent, ill get stuck into the rest of the build then.

I use a lot of teflon in various sizes at my work, and its a great material, its just very expensive thats all.

I also by chance went to Masters today (pretty useless), and they have braided food grade hose by the meter which might work nicely, but again fairly pricey.

I tell you what, its also hard to find a corded kettle these days to pull apart and make the HE, everythings cordless!

Good quality food-grade hoses (Semi-transparent) of the sizes you require are available at Clark Rubber. Although not as flexible as silicon it's cheaper & seems to be more resistant to the wort stain associated with the silicon hose in my HERMS.
Also a lot closer. :lol:

Back