Where To Get Silicone Tube In Brisbane On A Sunday?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
Well I got everything together to pop my AG cherry (BIAB in an urn), but forgot silicone tube to transfer the wort to cube. I tried Bunnings but they only have vinyl, and Clark Rubber's web store appears to be the same.
Would one of those rubber shower head thingies be suitable?
Or I could prop the cube up on an angle directly under the tap and carefully pour it in, but would that risk aeration?
After reading a few threads I'm not particularly keen on leavin it in the urn for 24hrs.. but I suppose it may have to do.
Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure Clark's rubber has a clear hose, with a wire reinforcement, suitable for boiling liquids. I think it was rated to 100 or 120c.

I've seen brewers on here use it, depends on price even if you only used it for a couple of brews until you got your silicone hose it may be good to give it a whirl.

QldKev

Doesn't look promising.

I found that post http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=475124 where they said a hose was rated to at least 100c. Maybe they used to have different products, or they may have extra items in store.

You don;t have a length of copper you could shove into the tap somehow?

They only thing I can think of is risk HSA and let it pour in.

no thats all clark rubber has. They may of changed there specs on the hose. I use it and it seems ok but only run my mash water threw it not boiling wort. If you boil it first in some water to remove any flavours I think you will get away with it for 1 use. I have used vinyl before to transfer to cubes but again wouldnt use it all the time.

Masters have that reinforced stuff too, dont know about temp rating however.

Easiest solution, don't use any hose at all.

I've done it like that before, there will be splashing though. I weighed up the risk of Hot Side Airation v not brewing and brewed. Noticed no ill effects for the one batch I had to do it.

Or no chill in the pot and pitch the next day. . . people do it with success.

Probably too far for you, but I'm in the shop doing paperwork, if you're stuck...

cheers Ross

I've never used a hose to tranfer the wort to cube.

cubeSmall.jpg

Many people obsess over HSA, however I've not had issues and an equal number of brewers put HSA in the same category as

tooth_fairy.jpg

not to mention

easter_bunny.jpg

Until fairly recently many old breweries such as Pilsner Urquell cooled their wort by running it into huge open pans and blew fans onto it. Good nuff for PU good nuff for me.

I've never used a hose to tranfer the wort to cube.

cubeSmall.jpg

Many people obsess over HSA, however I've not had issues and an equal number of brewers put HSA in the same category as

View attachment 54339

not to mention

View attachment 54340

Until fairly recently many old breweries such as Pilsner Urquell cooled their wort by running it into huge open pans and blew fans onto it. Good nuff for PU good nuff for me.

:lol: Gold.

Well I got everything together to pop my AG cherry (BIAB in an urn), but forgot silicone tube to transfer the wort to cube. I tried Bunnings but they only have vinyl, and Clark Rubber's web store appears to be the same.
Would one of those rubber shower head thingies be suitable?
Or I could prop the cube up on an angle directly under the tap and carefully pour it in, but would that risk aeration?
After reading a few threads I'm not particularly keen on leavin it in the urn for 24hrs.. but I suppose it may have to do.
Any ideas?

Kin Kin to far? I've got a few metres of new stuff.

I have for the last two years used the same piece of vinyl tubing that I got from Craftbrewer to transfer from kettle to cube.

It get's very soft with hot wort but no probs if you have your cube under your tap. I know it's not designed for that (well, I only figured that out a year or so ago) but it works just fine, no flavour issues that I can detect.

I have a piece of silicone tubing laying around, but honestly couldn't be bothered yet to break it in.

Bunnings sells the same stuff I think.

Back