where to get a beer in Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
Will have a few hours to explore tonight, staying in queen st but happy to travel a few km.

Any suggestions?

Cheers fellas, went to "embassy craft beer bar" on the way to the show I'm seeing.

The name should have been enough of a warning...

Not a great selection

I had a couple of beers at the embassy once. Used the ATM there and my card was cancelled. Apparently someone had installed a skimming device!

Newstead brewing is another. Personally, I reckon The Scratch is one of the better bars. Not a huge selection, but beers are generally very good and well priced. The Archive on the other hand are way overpriced IMO.

Checkout the Gresham. A whiskey bar but great ambience and some nice boilermakers.

zappa said:
I had a couple of beers at the embassy once. Used the ATM there and my card was cancelled. Apparently someone had installed a skimming device!
Newstead brewing is another. Personally, I reckon The Scratch is one of the better bars. Not a huge selection, but beers are generally very good and well priced. The Archive on the other hand are way overpriced IMO.

Funny you say that, had my card canceled today thanks to scammers.

There was another one on Edward st I saw near the park with a Brooklyn sign. Anyone know that one?

Its probably a bit late for the OP, however SuperWhatnot in Burnett Lane is quite handy to Queen St Mall and usually has something half- decent on tap (only a few taps though), while next door is the German Sausage Hut too.

This thread could do with an update but has many more.

Latest posts

Back