Where To Find Camlocks At A Good Price?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudscum

Reaction score
I have just ordered one of these http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX1230BWGH and will need camlocks for my hop rocket to plate chiller etc.anyone know of a good supplier here or o/s that they have ordered from that uses paypal?
by the way the 30 plate chiller with post will cost me $126.86 landed.

cheers SCum

Give TS Valves (in Melbourne) a call - credit card over the phone and I had no issues.

They usually give a good discount too.

I know it has been said before but the US uses NPT threads not BSP like here in Aus. I am not sure how compatible they are or are not.

Pok

I know it has been said before but the US uses NPT threads not BSP like here in Aus. I am not sure how compatible they are or are not.

Pok

1/2 BSP to 1/2 NPT is fine, I have lots of BSP to NPT joins in my brewery.

Sweet. I know what I am ordering when I get home from holidays then. Any idea the damage on shipping batz?

Order early! The bargain fittings guy is super quick getting them out the door (and the quality is excellent), but the shipping option takes ages. USPS from memory, so 2 weeks or more. I've got an order coming at the moment, that hasn't moved from the Chicago sorting facility since Dec 18th.

This was an interesting read.http://www.colder.com/Portals/0/pdfs/NPT.pdf
Which got me thinking that i would maybe use a BSP threaded cam lock on the gate valve and NPT fittings on all the American gear that is down stream from the first camlock

BargainFittings were updating their systems so shipping was quite expensive when I went to buy mine.
As a result I ordered all mine from CHI: http://chicompany.net/

Just compared these guys with Geordi Stainless. Chico US$47.95 + $15.45 shipping Geordi A$144 for the same fittings (well NPT vs BSP)

Makes it hard to buy Australian when there is such a price difference.

Though not exactly matching, the thread count per inch of BSP and NPT are
both the same for 1/2 inch diamater pipes but not at other sizes (see this) so
if you stick to 1/2 sizes, things will be ok (for non-high-pressure applications).

Though not exactly matching, the thread count per inch of BSP and NPT are
both the same for 1/2 inch diamater pipes but not at other sizes (see this) so
if you stick to 1/2 sizes, things will be ok (for non-high-pressure applications).

Drifting off topic here.

The consensus is 1/2 inch is ok. Only problem is I need to fit a 1/4 inch male NPT pt100 probe into a 1/4 inch BSP fitting. Not a match but considering it is low pressure am hoping to get away with it. Anyone done this?

Drifting off topic here.

The consensus is 1/2 inch is ok. Only problem is I need to fit a 1/4 inch male NPT pt100 probe into a 1/4 inch BSP fitting. Not a match but considering it is low pressure am hoping to get away with it. Anyone done this?
No probs david, I set the same thing up with the 1/4 inch probe screwed into a s/s tee, fits like a glove!

You can get NPT fittings here anyway if you wanted to use a mix of sizes.

Ive bought NPT tees, elbows, nipples, couplers etc from T&S valves locally to better fit the NPT fittings from US.

Then again, I've also bought camlock fittings from T&S once they started applying the 50% discount, made it worth buying locally.

Is the 50% off a sale thing, do you have to ask?

Back