Where To Find A Decent Sized Brewing Pot?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshallBrew

Reaction score
Hi fellow Brewsters.

I have recently purchase from the LHBS a European Lager with a mixture of bits which require me to mix with 3 litres of water and bring to the boil. It includes grains and hops etc and therefore needs a good boil. This of course means a decent sized pot - about 6-8L.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for a second hand pot without paying a fortune?

Cheers.

You can buy good size stock pots (up to 15.1 L) at k-mart for well under a fortune. I assume it's similar in SA (I'm in VIC).

Think K-Mart do 20l pots for $20...

Think Target do similar, you should be OK starting with these!

Happy brewing...

If you can use a dirt cheap 19L one, it will be good, but don't spend decent money until you are sure that you are getting the right size for your brews. I bought one that is the wrong shape, and is just waiting for me to do a decoction of some kind, and even then it would only be for the purpose of using the pot...

Just don't go carrying 20 litres of boiling hot wort using those weak spot welded handles on the cheapo kmart pots :p

Have a look in GAGANIS' if you not too far.

Can't speak for other cities, but in Melbourne at least, there are plenty of Asian and Middle Eastern grocers that have big pots (mostly Al, but some SS too) for pretty good prices.

What a shame the prices don't scale linearly ~$20 for a 20L pot => ~$80 for an 80L pot. I wish!

T.

Latest posts

Back