Where To Drink In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean83

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am shooting over to Perth in roughly two weeks for work, only there for two nights, but may have a free day to wander around. Was wondering where I should stop for a few quiet drinks? I am staying in the city and transport will be by foot or public. Dosent have to be a full craft boutique bar, but would like to have a few drops of something other than the usual suspects.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Can't beat the Belgian beer cafe on Murray street :) love that place. But with good beer comes a higher price tag. Good if your only going for a couple.

If you can get to Fremantle (which you can on the train) hit up Little Creatures. It's down on the waterfront by the park, you can't miss it. It's awesome, great food, great staff and great beer.

There is also Monk brewery on one of the main streets in Freo but I wasn't too impressed with that to be honest.

Dont forget the dress code , high vis gear :D

+1 for Little Creatures in Freo

James Squires microbrewery is in the CBD (cnr Murray and Shafto lane) if you don't want to take the train to Freo.

Feral in the Swan Valley is good (as is Mash), but you would have a lengthy journey on public transport, and definitely not a trip you want to make on foot!

Can't beat the Belgian beer cafe on Murray street :) love that place. But with good beer comes a higher price tag. Good if your only going for a couple.

The pub down the road is quite good aswell. Just can't remember the name. But would be good few quite pints.

Edit: moon & sixpence is the name, I remember now.

Sail & Anchor and to a slightly lesser extent, the Norfolk, in Freo always have good craft beer on tap.

On tap as of the 21st August (so not up to date)

NOW POURING @ The Sail & Anchor
Stone & Wood Stone Beer- Last 2 kegs, dont miss out
Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
Sail & Anchor IPA
Sail & Anchor Iron Brew
Brass Monkey Stout
Nail Ale
Nail Stout
Dry Dock
Last Drop Pils
Mash Freo Doctor
Mash Crush Apple Cider
Mash Koffee Stout
Feral White
Feral Hop Hog
Colonial Baltic Porter - new seasonal, just put on.
BrewDog IPA is Dead Motueka
Mikkeller From To Via - 1 keg only
Mikkeller BooGoop - 1 keg only
Haand Dobbel Dose - 1 keg only
Haand Norwegian Wood - 1 keg only
Haand Ardenne Blonde - 1 keg only
Brew Fist X-Ray Imperial Porter - last chance today!
Birra Del Borgo ReAle EXTRA IPA

Back