Where To Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Although i do like to support my LHBS, i am starting to find their prices and limited range an issue.

My question is; where is the best/quickest/cheapest place to purchase cans and liquid malt online?

Some of the sponsors offer a limited range of kit beers, however there are mainly aimed at AG brewers, which at this stage i am not.

I am located in Geelong, however i am happy to purchase anywhere online providing shipping times and prices are reasonable.

Cheers,
BlackRat.

I think one of the sponsor might have DME in Victoria. That might work out better for shipping because its lighter. You could try adding a few different hops to that to see which ones you like.

You might have trouble with the shipping charges... Kits are pretty heavy.
If the LHBS is not useful enough, can duck to BigW or the like and grab a kit or two.

Better still, order Dry Malt Extract by mail from Grain & Grape (Site Sponsor), also, hops and yeast can be had by mail from them.
Ordering dry malt instead of Liquit malt extract does offset the postage issue a bit.

On the + side, G&G would be able to send you speciality grain for steeping to add more malt flavour to your beer.

PS: You could Also drop into G&G when coming to Melbourne, get off at Yarraville and take stuff with you..

Actually, Grain and Grape are in Yarraville. That would be pretty close to Geelong wouldn't it. Does that have a shop front? Just pop in there and see what they have. :beer:

An hour drive. Your LHBS might work out NO more than other options, with less hassle - unless you bulk buy towns a jouney worth it.

Edit: added the all important NO

Latest posts

Back