Where To Buy "real" Carlsberg In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Bastard

Brew Cvlt Doom
Reaction score
I need to get a hold of some brewed in Denmark Carlsberg by Thursday for a function. Not the BUL stuff at Dan's. I of course would prefer to get some Mikkeller stuff, but it's not a beer nerd function, so I have to get something normal people will drink.

To be honest, it doesn't have to be Carlsberg, but it does have to be brewed in Denmark, and something that won't challenge or offend people's palates.

Any ideas of what to buy and where to get it? Possibly near Platinum Cellars, so I can get some Mikkeller too. Failing that, somewhere between West Ryde and the Northern Beaches would be good, but as this is massively important, I will travel anywhere in Sydney if needed.

Cheers,

FB

Well you could always try for that Amsterdam Marina (okay holland, pretty close to denmark right?)
There's a 1st choice just north of Platinum Cellars, and a Dan's at Eastwood.
Good luck.

Not really a whole lot of help, but if you're ever in Wollongong, Figtree Cellars grey import a lot of stuff (i.e. no brewed under license crap there). They have a pretty amazing selection of imports (including your the euro lager in question), all genuine. To top it off their imports must run a lot cheaper than the local BUL stuff, because they can sell it at about half the price of any other shop.

Also there's Victoria Cellars, on Victoria Rd@ Gladesville (just on the city side, opposite that Austrian Schnitzelhaus)
Pretty sure I've seen Becks/carlsberg/cintra, and the likes up on their blackboard specials out front.
Best of luck.

also try camperdown cellers last time i was there they had the imported stuff.

Try giving Porter's liquor a call, they have it for $40 a case but not sure if it's the imported or BUL stuff

Also there's Victoria Cellars, on Victoria Rd@ Gladesville (just on the city side, opposite that Austrian Schnitzelhaus)
Pretty sure I've seen Becks/carlsberg/cintra, and the likes up on their blackboard specials out front.
Best of luck.

Cheers.

Victoria Cellars came through with the goods. Was only a short detour on the way home from work too. Or it would have been if I hadn't have gone there via Platinum at Concord West and picked up a selection of Mikkeller and Beer Here offerings for people with a more sophisticated taste!

Thanks all! Much appreciated.

actually, have a look in Dan's

CUB is no long the BUl brewer of Carlsberg and I am not aware that anyone else has started brewing it yet. So there is a decent chance that bottleshops will have the imported stuff in stock as a gap filler. That seems to be the case with Stella atm anyway.

I was lucky enough to drink "real" carslberg, on my honeymoon ( in the maldives haha ). Sensational beer. Can't believe the breweries who let their beers be brewed BUL.

Back