Where To Buy Phosphoric Acid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribalfish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried to get Phosphoric Acid locally in bulk. I can get 20L for $120 from Landmark, but that seemed a bit exy for my tastes.
I'm not sure where else to try looking for it.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tribalfish.

Hi all,

I have tried to get Phosphoric Acid locally in bulk. I can get 20L for $120 from Landmark, but that seemed a bit exy for my tastes.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tribalfish.

How long would 20ltrs last you :eek: How much do you really need.

BYB

I really wouldn't be playing around with phosphoric acid, unless you have a fume cupboard and some serious knowledge on the stuff. It's very, VERY deadly.

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tribalfish.

Was costing that here 4 years ago, grab it quick and organise a bulk buy.

Screwy

20L is a lifetimes supply for several brewers.

I bought 2.5L last year from chem supply in Adelaide. Split it with 2 other brewers.

Grain and Grape has 250ml bottles.

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tribalfish.

What concentration is that?

How long would 20ltrs last you :eek: How much do you really need.

BYB

Bought 20 litres for a little less $$$ 4 years ago IIRC. Kept 5 litres & divvied up the rest amongst several brewers.
Just checked my stash & found that there is still over 4 litres left so hopefully I can get another 16 years out of it.
Using more per brew now that I have to sanitise the HERMES. :(

Just Pay the dollars & split it up.

TP

Make sure they are not trying to sell you Phosphorus Acid, about the same pricing as you were quoted (for Landmark, around $80-100 elsewhere).
Phosphorus Acid is a de-registered fungicide (in wine grapes) for the control of Downy Mildew. It is still registered in other crops.

Phosphorus Acid can be purchased under some of the following names:
Agri-Fos 600, ChemPhos 400, Country Phospot 400,

Country Phospot 400 pH 7.2, Dominator 600, Fungacid 400,

Fungi-Fos 400, Fungi-Fos 400 pH 7.2, Phospot 400,

Sprayphos 400, Sprayphos 620, Throw Down

If it is Phosphorus Acid you want send me a PM. I have over 1,000L to get rid of.

Make sure they are not trying to sell you Phosphorus Acid, about the same pricing as you were quoted (for Landmark, around $80-100 elsewhere).
Phosphorus Acid is a de-registered fungicide (in wine grapes) for the control of Downy Mildew. It is still registered in other crops.

If it is Phosphorus Acid you want send me a PM. I have over 1,000L to get rid of.

No thanks Boston! But thanks for the heads up. :D
I'll probably go ahead and order it tomorrow as I have rustled up some local brewers to split it with.
Will double check with them, but I'm pretty sure it's the right one as they said they sold the 200 litre drums to another industry for cleaning sanitizing.

I use 'Eliminate' but perhaps 'IOPHOS' would be good

http://www.dasco.com.au/content.cfm?content=31

Bottom of the page

Batz

Sounds like a good combo, might have to do a bit of pricing tomorrow.

That's the stuff you got for me in Gympie Batz! Four long years ago. :icon_cheers:
Was it 85%??? I forget.

TP

That's the stuff Pete
709g/l..whatever that works out to.

Mixing rate 20ml to 10lt

Batz

Hydroponics shops sell it as a pH reducer in very small (100ml) amounts although I'm not sure if it's food grade. There's probably a lifetime supply in a couple of bottles of Coca Cola.

Hi Boston just enquiring if you have any phosphorus acid left to sell

I know this is a little bit late, but is everyone talking about using phosphoric for mash pH or for cleaning?

I would want to be certain of it being food grade if using for mash pH.

Latest posts

Back