Where to buy in melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ic3man

Reaction score
Okay... Going to invest into a setup cos me and my mate wanna get started..
In melb any recommendations preferably eastern suburbs...
Okay.. 2.. should i get a plastic carboy.. or one of those ugly looking pails.. preferably.. i think a plastic are better.
Also with cooking the wort.. or boiling it one of the two.. I was considering getting a stainless stell one from general warehouse.. i think its called in knox or eastland.. they are 15L for $100.. ??? whats your thoughts and opinions.. Will be brewing from beer to cider.. Also going to be building a cabinet for its proper storage and temperature keeping.
you can read up on how my cabinet discussion is going at OCAU
Clikkky
But im willing to spend upto about 170 on initial setup without buying the pot and brew and cleaners bottles.. general brewing equipment..
Also if you clikky on the link in there that is kinda the setup im looking at not including heating..

Also what do you people recommend for keeping the brews warm.. Im thinking one of those like aquarium heater things.. ?? opinions.??
All i know melb weather is too choppy for my likings.
Cheers

Place I go sometimes is called The Brewer's Den in Boronia.

The guys there (2xPete) have been brewing for years and knows their stuff.
They'll set you up with all the kit you need, including an imersion heater to keep the wort at a constant temp. during fermentation.

If you wanna go my (lazy) way, you can also lease (yes lease), a keg and a CO2 cylinder from them. The keg makes life a lot easier as it's only one easy thing to clean instead of heaps of bottles.

Only disadvantage is that it's not as transportable as bottles, although it's not too bad with a car - I did it last w/end for a mate's engagement party.`

Moose.

gday all
if you are looking to by a pot to boil wort (15 L )
save your money iceman go to kmart or someother cheapie place and you will pick up a stock pot for approx $ 22 , just have a good look at the pot and make sure there are no chips etc on the inside and you are away
i did this myself and got a 15 L stockpot for 22dollars
hope this helps

cheers
simon

A 20 litre stockpot at Bi-Lo cost me $12. You just have to look around.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Back