Where To Buy Growler Bottles?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Browne

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where to buy empty new Growler bottles?
Preferably in Sydney or from someone who will ship them.

Cheers Matt

Hi all,

Cheers Matt

The Beer Cartel in Artarmon, Young Henry's in Newtown (full of beer), the Local Taphouse in Darlinghurst (full), The Australian Hotel and brewery (full) and ebay!

I know you wanted empty, buying full ones means the bottle will be cheaper (avg $7) and you'll get good beer.

What's the story with this place, is it a walk-in bar ? I work in the next suburb, and may have to pop in next week.
Nope, a liqour outlet. They do tastings and such, plus have growlers and squealers and a filling station, and a great selection of local and imported craft beer

Many breweries in the UK sell them (on their websites with other merchandise) and they are often cheaper to buy them there and have them shipped than it is to buy local or from ebay. However, just be aware that some are plastic, even if they look like they are ceramic/stone.

Hi all,

Cheers Matt

I sell the 2litre flip top growlers from my web store. They are new and I ship them all over the place. They are more expensive than the screw top growlers but are higher quality, constructed with a metal handle and replaceable lid seals. They will also hold full pressure allowing you to naturally carbonate beer in them or retain co2 from a tap refill.
I currently have a fathers day sale special on at the moment
Anyway the choice is yours.
Cheers
Karl

I sell the 2litre flip top growlers from my web store. They are new and I ship them all over the place. They are more expensive than the screw top growlers but are higher quality, constructed with a metal handle and replaceable lid seals. They will also hold full pressure allowing you to naturally carbonate beer in them or retain co2 from a tap refill.
I currently have a fathers day sale special on at the moment
Anyway the choice is yours.
Cheers
Karl

Nice growler. ahem
You should change your goup to retailer BTW ;)

Nice growler. ahem
You should change your goup to retailer BTW ;)

Will be happening soon winkle.

Nice looking gear BTW Brewnut.

batz

Yep, really good growlers.
Got two plus the pressurising tap for Christmas

For anyone else interested Beer Cartel in Artarmon sell them for $15 empty. Extra caps are 50c each

Emptied two of Young Henry's growlers last night. None More Blacker and Hop Ale.
Very, Very nice

I'm buying the brewnuts ones. They're great. I hate the screw cap ones. Do they have good wall strength? Mostly going to use them for filling from taps, but having the option of the odd bottle conditioned beer would be good too.

I'm buying the brewnuts ones. They're great. I hate the screw cap ones. Do they have good wall strength? Mostly going to use them for filling from taps, but having the option of the odd bottle conditioned beer would be good too.

Wall strength should be better as the walls are much thicker than the screw cap ones. But saying that i havent done any tests between the two.

cheers

Karl

I've used mine bottle conditioning a Wit at close to 4 volumes.

No probs.

Gents,

I'm from TRU BRU.

We sell Growlers for $10 and Squealer for $6.

We fill and refill them at our concept store in South Yarra.
Each refill involves swap and go, so we look after the hygiene.

We can ship with beer (done many times) to most locations in Aus.
Our dispensing system has CO2 purging / CP filling capability, so no problems with quality of end product.

Cheers
Anton

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Anton got a link to the growlers , I cant find a way to them on your site ?
Nev
Here it is Nev.

Website is not finalized yet.

Taplist is here:
www.nowtapped.com/trubru

Prices to fill go $20 - $40

PS Sent a glass Growler full of IPA 77 Riverside to Perth a couple of weeks ago. Travelled well. Refer to our instagram for pics of that.

tru-bru-003.jpg

What's the price of one empty mate, for comparison?

Do you have any more pics? Can't see what kinda lid that bad boy has on it.

Back