Where to buy grain and yeast in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to ingredients and the hydro already recommended, you'll need sanitiser to sanitise your equipment once you've cleaned it (do a search in starsan), a mash paddle and something to put your beer in to such as bottles or a keg.

Even though craft brewer are a good distance away I just can't go past them. For an extra $7 or whatever it turned out to be on postage there range of products, freshness of ingredients and consistent reliable service was definitely worth the coin. My 2c

Try Punkin for a thumblers pack of hydrometers, ive bought two oacks si far

Ahh the joy of home brewing. There is always more gear and better bling to aspire to. Welcome aboard and have fun!

Get a bottle capper than can take 26 & 29 mm bells so you can use champagne bottles as well

New_guy said:
Get a bottle capper than can take 26 & 29 mm bells so you can use champagne bottles as well
Great advice.

You can change the bell on most bench cappers to suit regular beer bottles or champagne bottles.

JD

JDW81 said:
Great advice.

You can change the bell on most bench cappers to suit regular beer bottles or champagne bottles.

JD
Most but not all - found this one out the hard way

Big fan of Dave @ Greensborough as well.

Hop Dealz are also good for hops and yeast, top online service.

+1 for G&G, online sales have been quick and flawless. Bulk grain corebrewingconcepts have great prices. KegKing for bits n shits.

A lot of home brewers use a 50L or larger esky as a mash Tun. You can sparge in this as well. Save money on the wort chiller and decant into 20L cube and leave over night to cool. You can then just pour your cooled wort straight into fermenter. Easy as. Enjoy

There's a guy in Bendigo (Pete Martin - I think he's an AHB member but doesn't post much) who arranges orders of 25kg grain on a monthly basis. You basically get it at bulk buy prices. It you can be bothered making the drive to bendigo (probably 90 minutes from you) here is his website.

http://www.bendigomaltnhops.com/

Latest posts

Back