Where To Buy Gas Burner In Melb.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
Guys i went looking for the gas burner this last few weeks, and i was looking for the stores some one posted regarding Elizabeth St in the city. anyway i went into the only 4 i could find and none had them. out of stock or just didn't have anything like it

so any other idea's?

$60 at BBQ galore what a rip off!

Also what type of tap did you use on the outlets of the boiler keg... i dont want it to become effected my the heat of the burner....

Ben

P.S is there any good grade silicon we can use to help the seals on AG setups around pipes and there elements seal agains plastic bucket walls etc it might come in handy for me for additional sealing once i get the RIMS pump working

You'll just have to search around. The disposal stores seem to be the way to go though, expect about $45 for a 3 ring but may find cheaper. As for silicone sealant there is a product called Dowe Corning R732 Multipurpose silicone sealant. This is food grade silicone up to 205oC, easy to work with, you can get it in a small toothpaste type tube for $7.

Here is a link to a product page: http://www.dowcorning.com/DataFiles/090007b58010f693.pdf

Doesn't mention the food grade aspect apart from the FDA bit but I have read elsewhere that it is.

Ben, try an importer if you know of one or look up one in Yellow pages and make some enquiries.
Globe Imports in Adelaide sell burners for $20.00!

C&B
TDA

TDA

Do you have a web site for Globe Imports.

Wow $20! That's a damn site better than the $40 I was going to pay at Aussie Disposals.

Ben,

I've just finished a keg boiler. For a tap I've used a threaded brass tube held tight by 2 locknuts. To seal the inside I got an o-ring from Clark Rubber which is treated so as not to leech chemicals and is made to withstand high temperatures. Does a top job. The size is 20mm internal diameter x 4mm thick.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Steve

GMK said:
TDA

Do you have a web site for Globe Imports.
GMK and SteveSA: Globe Importers
423 Magill Rd
St. Morris

Phone: 83642488

No website available.

C&B
TDA

I now have the burner $45 at the camping store, i saw better prices but they were out of stock so now its done!

i just need to get a gas hose now!

do you guys have the keg sitting onto the burner? or spaced up off it?, just looks to be sitting very low on it...

Ben

i have been told that making the bottom of the keg concave will help in the heating....

If anyone is interested the shop in Peel St North Melbourne that sells predominantly wine making equipment has some burners. They are the 3 and 4 ring burners but the are attached (screwed in) to a cast iron stand which lets them sit about 15 cm of the ground. It makes the area to sit the pot on much larger.
I thought they had modified them but the bloke there said they come in from China like that.
$75 for the 3 ring and $95 for the 4 ring.

cheers

Back