Where to buy decent nano brewery systems in aus?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should look at the B150 from brewtools. Newera Brewing are the stockist for them here. We used the smaller (but still huge) B80 a few weeks back and I am in love.

Hello all. Thought I would resurrect this forum regarding nano kits. I was looking at purchasing straight from China, but I have been put off from some recent feedback. So I am turning my attention to Australian companies. Yes I know that they probably get the equipment from China anyway, but I like the peace of mind of having after sale assistant if anything happens.

So I am looking for a 100L brew kit (2V or 3V) and currently liaising with Brew-Tek, Brewtique, Cheeky Peak 130L nano brewery, and perhaps Ss Brewtech (though I think this will be too expensive). Has anyone purchased a similar kit from any of these guys? Also, are there any other aussie companies I should be looking at? I looked at Spark as well, but I understand that their smallest kit is 5hL.

Appreciate your help.
98% of the nano breweries found in Aus, come from Mainland China. Can I ask what your cost is for set up and how big you want to go?

My experience with direct from China was good but don't get caught by the FOB (freight on board) prices which they quote, as you'll get hammered at this end by customs duties, freight forwarders, wharf fees, the list is endless, I specified "door to door" it came by TNT and cost US400 (the FOB price for shipping was US $80)
Arrived well packed in wooden crate, welds very good to excellent and no signs of corrosion despite being sat in my carport unused for 2 yrs, I'm 900mtr from the ocean.
fwiw I used https://www.dayuwz.com/Brewery-Equipment-pl598283.html
Can supply an email contact if interested.

I bought a 120ltr nano kit from cheeky peak. It is only a single vessel but so far am finding it so easy to use and clean.
I haven’t used the recirculating pump yet but looks simple.
Thanks for the feedback Radmax. I do like the look of the Tri Clover 130L 3V Nano Brewery. For $14,950 is a bit on the pricey side, given that I would still need to buy fermenters, glycol system, grain mill, & wort chiller/heat exchanger. Could buy those other items second hand to bring to overall price down.

98% of the nano breweries found in Aus, come from Mainland China. Can I ask what your cost is for set up and how big you want to go?
I am looking for a 100L nano kit with a couple of fermenters. Included with that would be the glycol system, grain mill, and wort cooler. I would like to try and keep it to around $20k if possible.

My experience with direct from China was good but don't get caught by the FOB (freight on board) prices which they quote, as you'll get hammered at this end by customs duties, freight forwarders, wharf fees, the list is endless, I specified "door to door" it came by TNT and cost US400 (the FOB price for shipping was US $80)
Arrived well packed in wooden crate, welds very good to excellent and no signs of corrosion despite being sat in my carport unused for 2 yrs, I'm 900mtr from the ocean.
fwiw I used https://www.dayuwz.com/Brewery-Equipment-pl598283.html
Can supply an email contact if interested.
Thanks Grmblz. That's good advice about freight charges. Also didn't come across DYE in my research. After chatting with a few brewers, I had short listed it to 2 Chinese companies direct - Tiantai and YoLong.

Thanks Grmblz. That's good advice about freight charges. Also didn't come across DYE in my research. After chatting with a few brewers, I had short listed it to 2 Chinese companies direct - Tiantai and YoLong.
Not surprising you didn't come across them, their main products are stills' with brewery gear as a secondary product, I went with them primarily because personal changes I wanted were happily incorporated at no extra cost, their standard prices were good, and the quality of their gear turned out to be great, as primary manufacturers they can produce bespoke product at a similar cost to off the shelf stuff.
Too many Chinese resellers are masquerading as manufacturers, plus,plus, and an inability to supply anything other than standard product lines.
I wasn't recommending them, just outlining my experience with direct from China purchases, as always, do your due diligence, and buyer beware.

Latest posts

Back