Where to buy decent nano brewery systems in aus?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben80

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise me on where to look in regards to purchasing a nano brewery system, around 6000$ outlay in aus? Plenty overseas but seems pretty limited in aus

What sort of volume are you after? Cheeky Peak have some and so do Brew Tek.

Beerbelly did for that sort of money, but I assume given they've taken it off the website perhaps no longer. Shame if so, they looked awesome.

The big two things you're missing in your question are batch size and throughput. "nano" to me, in the context I've heard it used, means batches in the range of one to a couple of hectolitres, and I assume that's not what you mean if you think it's going to be possible for $6k

Yeah i was a bit vague sorry, more looking at 50-60ltr 3 vessel system, theres plenty in america for that price range, "spike" in Wisconsin (i think) do one that looks great, was just wondering if theres any similar setups in australia and who sells them? Thanks for the replies

Do you know the price of these systems? I couldnt find a price anywhere but from the looks of the system it should be around the OP's range...

Sorry, I don't. Just give them a call.

EDIT: The SS Brewtech stuff is gorgeous, and their product lines run from 20L on up to full-scale commercial lines. I know Clever Brewing carries their products. Give Martin there a call and he can tell you what they can get in at what price. No affiliation. I'm not sure who else in Oz carries their stuff.

www.cleverbrewing.com.au

Last edited:
What do you want to use the brewery for personal use or commercial.

If commercial, 3 x 50 litre Braumeisters @ $3,600 each retail = $10,800.
I'm sure you could negotiate a 10% or better discount off the retail price. I'll work on %10. - $1080

$10,800
-$1080
=$9,720

Claim back the GST. -$883.
=$8,837

Assume 30% tax bracket. Claim that back at the end of the year. - $2651

=$6,186.
Congratulations, you've just got 150 litre, 3 vessel, German engineered, automated nano brewery for around $6,000. :cheers:

and if commercial could you do the immediate tax deprecation for assets under XYZ $$?
assuming you can make some money selling beer / wort it might be good for your tax credits and the economy

If commercial, 3 x 50 litre Braumeisters @ $3,600 each retail = $10,800.
I'm sure you could negotiate a 10% or better discount off the retail price. I'll work on %10. - $1080

$10,800
-$1080
=$9,720

Claim back the GST. -$883.
=$8,837

Assume 30% tax bracket. Claim that back at the end of the year. - $2651

=$6,186.
Congratulations, you've just got 150 litre, 3 vessel, German engineered, automated nano brewery for around $6,000. :cheers:

Any update on your search for a nano setup for around $6k? I am looking for the same. I have seen the brew-tek nano setup on the website but cannot find any reviews.

I have SS Brewtech gear, Which I am VERY happy with. I purchased all BME Range. Which if you can afford to go to, is a great idea. Then your couplings are 1.5"TC easy to clean and easy to use, and you get some nice other features depending on the item (ie.kettle, mash tun, fermenter...etc.)

Back