Where to Buy Beer Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocasarea

Reaction score
In the market for some new beer line. Have some Keg King line at the moment and it got kinkier than an old garden hose in no time. Not really very impressed with it. I totally got what I paid for.

Any recommendations on decent beer line? Places or brands?

There are different types of beer line to best fit different applications. What’s your setup/requirement? Fridge? Kegerator etc. does it need to be really flexible or can it be relatively stiff? Etc

For beer, I like to use a nylon barrier tube. There. are many different brands available. Some commonly available ones are Qguard, Valpar, Eason, Cobraplus etc etc.
I will usually go for push in compatible types. These can usually be identified by a symbol marked on the tube.
I will generally buy from Bracton or Lancer, as I get better pricing.

I got some Valpar Superflexmaster (or whatever it's called), off eBay, some small HB online shoppe. Was a good buy, can recommend.

There are different types of beer line to best fit different applications. What’s your setup/requirement? Fridge? Kegerator etc. does it need to be really flexible or can it be relatively stiff? Etc

I have an upright freezer with 2 commercial 30l kegs. The line can be flexible or stiff. Doesn't matter.

For beer, I like to use a nylon barrier tube. There. are many different brands available. Some commonly available ones are Qguard, Valpar, Eason, Cobraplus etc etc.
I will usually go for push in compatible types. These can usually be identified by a symbol marked on the tube.
I will generally buy from Bracton or Lancer, as I get better pricing.

What's the advantage of nylon barrier tube? Just googled it and it didn't come up with much.

For gas go the thicker wallled stuff (from memory 11mm OD 5mm ID). National homebrew has the nylon barrier Valpar superflexmaster in the larger size. I am leak free. My 2.6kg CO2 cylinder is currently on its 16th month. On a 4 tap/keg kegerator.

What's the advantage of nylon barrier tube? Just googled it and it didn't come up with much.
It is less porous than other types of tubing, and therefore provides less opportunity for nasties to grow. It is also less prone to UV attack so generally lasts longer than EVA or CVT type tubing.

It is less porous than other types of tubing, and therefore provides less opportunity for nasties to grow. It is also less prone to UV attack so generally lasts longer than EVA or CVT type tubing.

Righto! The Keg King stuff I had on my gas side perished because of UV attack. Within a couple of months no less. Lost 10kg of gas. Have since replaced with dedicated gas double wall braided hose.

Righto! The Keg King stuff I had on my gas side perished because of UV attack. Within a couple of months no less. Lost 10kg of gas. Have since replaced with dedicated gas double wall braided hose.

That does not surprise me, but I am sorry to hear it nonetheless. I often say to people that if they are not willing to spend a few extra cents per meter on tubing, then they should buy a CO2 detector. Gas is replaceable, but the lives of loved ones are not.

That does not surprise me, but I am sorry to hear it nonetheless. I often say to people that if they are not willing to spend a few extra cents per meter on tubing, then they should buy a CO2 detector. Gas is replaceable, but the lives of loved ones are not.

Yeah, totally didn't know at the time. I was just getting into kegging. I guess I just assumed it was of a reasonable standard, being an item that holds gas n all.

This is what happened. It split at the end of the barb and there were micro fractures along the wall of the pipe, as you can see when I pushed that punch in there.

Attachments

• 20160911_200114.jpg
    20160911_200114.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 90
Back