Where to buy a complete keg setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielscott26

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking at getting a 2 keg system and im wondering if theres anywhere you guys would recommend me to start looking. Im on the gold coast and don't want to spend a fortune i have a fridge and will probably just use a tap of the keg.

Should i wait for a second hand kit to come up for sale or should i try ebay or craftbrewer?

Thanks Daniel

Dan26 said:
Hi guys im looking at getting a 2 keg system and im wondering if theres anywhere you guys would recommend me to start looking. Im on the gold coast and don't want to spend a fortune i have a fridge and will probably just use a tap of the keg.

Should i wait for a second hand kit to come up for sale or should i try ebay or craftbrewer?

Thanks Daniel
It's pretty hard to find something you really want from ebay not to mention some of the dodgy sellers on the site.
I'd be taking a drive up to here if it was me.
The most important decision you need to make is what tap or taps you want on the fridge.
Flow control taps are easier to use with less headaches than non flow control taps but once you work out your beer temp, line length & preferred co2 level, it's not that hard to balance your system.
I have these taps & really like them. You see them in quite a lot of Pubs & Clubs usually on their flooded fonts.................... :icon_drool2:

One of the site sponsors if you want new. Talk to them and get advice on the taps and bits and pieces, and avoid cheap shit.

Plenty of second hand options on ebay if you want to save the dollars.

I rang around a few places got confused with the multitude of options and in the end went here mainly because I am a tight arse and it was all sold in a package. Got their cheap set up which included one keg, gassed up small bottle, cheap ass pluto gun, ball lock connects and lines.
I have since bought cheap taps off ebay and some second hand kegs off gumtree.
I still haven't fine tuned my fridge set up but my I am bringing a 23litre keg to your party set up works very well! :beerbang:
I agree though if you know what it is you are after and want to pay more for quality call these guys and they can put together a package for you and you shouldn't have to go far to pick it all up.

Apparently here I should say I have no affiliation with anyone anywhere whatsoever! I do shop at both of these places and find the staff at both to be very helpful.

I grabbed the cheap brewerschoice single keg set for $350, you get everything you need to start including full 2.6kg tank. I've had no problems and although it has cheap parts, it does what its supposed to do.

Thanks for your replies guys. I have emailed ross at craftbrewer and the prices are quite good. I think i will look at hiring the gas bottle to save on the initial cost. but i will look into the brewers choice kit it looks like what im after.

Latest posts

Back