Where To Buy 40l Urn Perth, And Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langdon19

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have decided to start AG brewing via the BIAB and 40l urn technique.
I need to add a 40l urn (not fussed on birko or crown) and a grain mill to get me up and going and was wondering where they retail at the best prices. I have watched evil bay and some forums for quite some time (would of been happy to pick up a 3v/biab 2nd hand) but can't get my hands on one so may have to break the bank and buy from new.
ps reccomendations on the grain mill would be appreciated.

Perth, although my house just sold so moving to the south coast of WA, hense the need for the grain mill.

Have you tried giving Roy a call down at TWOC brewing supplies, they are down at Bibra Lake, or Gryphon Brewing supplies out at Bassendean. But if you dont mind buying from interstate then try some of the forum sponsors at the top of the page. Craft Brewer, Masmmaster etc

I got my Birko Urn online from a catering company. It worked out cheaper to get one delivered from the eastern states than from any place I could find in Perth, can't remember the name of the place though sorry. As far as mills go you can't beat the mm2 from Monster Brewing Hardware in the US. Cost me $117 for the mill, $40 for base and hopper and $61 for shipping all in US dollars. Otherwise if your not willing to spend that on a mill, you can go for the corona type hand mill on ebay for about $100-$120 delivered.

Find RandyRob on here, or PM for his contact details. He's flogging a motorised, hopperised, Mashmaster mill at a very reasonable price (for what you'd spend building it), in Vic Pk so can't be too far from where ever you are in Perth.

I think he sold it Mika (not that I bought it, but I remember looking at the thread yesterday).

I think he sold it Mika (not that I bought it, but I remember looking at the thread yesterday).

Yep that got sold, i thought a fully motorised mill was a little over the top for someone doing their first AG brew, might have been a good idea in the long run though.

Latest posts

Back