Where is the Recipe DB ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brend0

Reaction score
So I havent been on here for a few months and now there is no Recipe Data Base? or am I missing something?

Well I'd have to say that after some absolutely brilliant upgrading, new sub forums and generally a far better experience on the forum, it seems to have ground to a halt over the last couple of weeks.

No doubt Dane restoring his strength and about to sally forth again with the sword of forum righteousness being wielded. We hope.

Brend0 said:
@Warra48
Thank you for point that out...

: /
Sorry about that.
The Recipe DB is on hold as part of the forum upgrade.
It will return in a better form, just be patient.

How many times is this Q going to pop up??.....

Read the highlighted pink strip above every topic!

I think if the highlighted pink strip linked to any meaningful information or timelines people would ask less often. There is nothing managing user expectations linked in the pink bar and no new information in more than a month - this is why people keep asking.

I'm gettin' the RecipeDB shakes man. I need my fix. :blink: :unsure: :blink:

kahlerisms said:
I think if the highlighted pink strip linked to any meaningful information or timelines people would ask less often. There is nothing managing user expectations linked in the pink bar and no new information in more than a month - this is why people keep asking.
Nah. People are just too dumb to work it out for themselves.

Sorry, OP, but it says everything you need to know up the top. Tells you the DB is offline for a bit and directs you to where to find the relevant background info.

Use this blackout opportunity to explore beyond your horizons I say.
There are well over a dozen other homebrew forums out there on the internet, each with hundreds or even thousands of recipes in their own databases. Go and find some new & interesting ones, brew them - and if they blow your mind come back and tell us all about it. :)

Do you have any examples off-hand of similar recipe databases that can be sorted by order of votes/stars/whatever?

I've seen a number of recipe databases on the internet but who knows if the recipes are halfway decent or not.

i agree with phoneyhuh.

i like making up new recipes, or tweaking the crap out of ones i've found, so i can throw my own stupid names on them...then i don't feel guilty naming my beer something original, when it's the same recipe as what someone has posted!

random post there...had no real worth. whatever.

this forum has a few that people have rated. not too bad. can't say i've tried any but i've used the general idea from a few of them for future brews.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/

slash22000 said:
Do you have any examples off-hand of similar recipe databases that can be sorted by order of votes/stars/whatever?

I've seen a number of recipe databases on the internet but who knows if the recipes are halfway decent or not.

Why don't you formulate your own recipe? What style of beer do you want to brew? The "style of the week" threads are great for a head start.

Liam_snorkel said:
Why don't you formulate your own recipe? What style of beer do you want to brew? The "style of the week" threads are great for a head start.
Just as I was about to say. Work around what you want to brew, and head to the style of the week threads.

Pages of good information on pretty much any style.

Back