Where Does Everyone Get Their Beer Glasses From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I'd know... but I've been told if you come along on next year's Sydney Pub crawl you'll do ok... :ph34r:

edit: spelling tard

Vinnies, Red Cross Shop, markets etc.
I've picked up heaps of special glasses from these places, usually 50c-$1.00 each.

Batz

+1 Batz

I only go to the markets so I can hunt down beer related gear. Someone's trash someones treasure, Yeah?

Cheers

Chappo

I got a few Coca Cola glasses when they were giveaway at Hungry Jacks.

Nice quality glasses actually.

+6 for Op Shops. Most of my collection is from either Vinnies or Red Cross shops. :)

Cheers

I get my glasses from 'Franko Steins '

Bottom right ;)

Victorias Basement (Sydney) have some great deals from time to time. Not usually on their website, but I have got some great deals in the past.
All unbranded, but some real quality beer glasses of all styles. Sometimes as little as $1 per glass.

I purchased some of my glass collection from these guys. They also sell a great collection of different beers.
I've bought Franziskaner, Erdinger, Schfferhofen, Old Speckled Hen pint glass, etc.

Northmead Cellars
www.worldbeers.com.au

30 Kleins Rd
Northmead NSW 2152
(02) 9630 7316

The website seems to be off the air at present, unfortunately.

Yet to find a beer on tap in my bar that hasn't looked good in one of these

Nonic

Probably cos most of my beers are english.

That and the fact i have to walk outside to pour a beer so i nice big pint is what i want.

Not quite a PhAt but a close second........

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. Nonics were from Andale, a few $ each. Brand spanking new.

salvos,watneys red barrel 1pinters ,cascade330mlx6

All the beers a the Belgian Beer garden in Melbourne come with a free glass. At least that's what I've assumed based on the prices. <_<

Sometimes you even get a free beer tray!!! :ph34r:

It was a sad day when my missus realised why i kept suggesting she take a really big handbag to the BBG. Worth noting thought that all BBG sourced glasses broke very easily at home, karma is a bitch!!!

Back on topic, I grabbed 12 x 425ml Headmasters off evilBay for $29, pick up was from Brewcraft in Oakleigh

Cheers SJ

Well, if you ask the barperson for a pint glass full of beer, they give you a price and you pay for it, the glass is yours along with the beer.

chefs hat in south melbourne have a large selection of beer glasses all shapes and sizes at reasonable prices

My place of choice for glasses is op shops: I have given up on buying expesive crystat ones new because my better half or juniors manage to break them (Ok... I break my fair share too ;) )

They are rarely more than a couple of dollars each and I've got some really nice glasses.

cheers,

Brewmeister70 :icon_cheers:

You can borrow my beer goggles :beer: till the weekend

tdh

I acquired two rather nice "Fat Yak" pint glasses on the weekend... if you look at my general drinking glasses they follow a particular theme - pint shaped and usually emblazoned with some brand or another.

Brendo

Bars... very crowded ones are always a good choice.
Gift packs from Dan's/1st choice... father's day is coming up, so there should be more on offer.
Victoria's basement or Myer when they've got a glassware sale on.

This thread has inspired me.

Reckon I'm off to Hotel Agencies in Fitzroy (Nicholson St) to grab some glassware soon - Barra, have found their prices a little cheaper than Chef's Hat in Sth Melbourne - well I did when I was sourcing some pizza trays and a wooden pizza stick (trays for keggle lids and the stick for a mash paddle). But the Chef's Hat specials can be good and some of the items are drool worthy :icon_drool2:

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back