Where Do You Store Your Bottled Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys,i dont think i have seen this question before but when you have got a stock of brews done,where do you keep your bottles,there seems to be an opinion that if you just keep them in the shed that the yeast starts to reactivate and may spoil the beer,or at least make it not last as long.in the cool weather this is fine but what about in the middle of a scorching summer.
cheers
fergi

Mine, that are bottled, are stored in a wardrobe in the back bedroom of the house(under protest of course, from SWMBO)

Linz said:
Mine, that are bottled, are stored in a wardrobe in the back bedroom of the house(under protest of course, from SWMBO)
[post="70319"][/post]​
Same, except without the protest.

Sean said:
Linz said:
[post="70319"][/post]​
Same, except without the protest.
[post="70321"][/post]​

Funny enough, I also wanted them in the spare room (for conveniance) but as the quantatiies got bigger and bigger SWMBO also objected. Now they are under the house in a cupboard which, come to think of it is cooler than upstairs. And, bye the way, it seems to be a bottomless cupboard for I can not fill it,,,

:chug:
PeterS....

Mine live in the shower of our 2nd bathroom, under protest of course.

mine live in a cupboard down in the garage it also it seems bottom less as i have yet to fill it.

In plastic tubs in the house while conditioning, in the carport while cellaring (but only in winter), in the second fridge while ready to drink.

In shoe box in middle o road.... :p

:rolleyes: No really- long term in the southeastern (coolest) corner of the garage (brick and slab) in plastic play cubes (right next to the fermenting boxes and bottle collection) and for carbonation/initial conditioning in a corner cupboard of the kitchen which holds about 2 brews. SWMBO has again questioned this along with my three shelves of brewing bits and grain in the kitchen but when there is 48 exterior handles to count in the kitchen and she has no way of fiiling them all then she can't complain to hard (but still does).

Borret

me too for the plastic tub whilst conditioning....but for general storage I use cardboard wine cases, and they are placed in the cellar (basically a cavity with stairs leading down a metre or so) under the stairs in the centre of the house, which maintains about 20 deg C all year 'round....I would like it to be cooler, but as it is literally a constant 20 deg C, it is not an issue

Good Day
I put them under the house on a concrete slab that was the patio before extensions. Stays around 10-12oC at this time of the year and moves up to 22-24 in summer (even on 40+oC days). I put a few in an old fridge in the laundry for a while before drinking.

for the first week or two after bottling, usually kept in a corner in the kitchen. keep 'em warm to carbonate.
after that, the spare room is cool enough during winter, or downstairs under the house once the weather warms up. stays fairly cool down there.
and finally, a few hours to days before drinking, pop them in the fridge.
joe

Well, for me its in 2L coke bottles in the garage most of the time.
I only need botlle one or two every brew (keggin) so its no drama, BUT they never seem to get to the 'well aged state' ..........
I have 6 Ales on hand, and will now brew a Lager, so i can 'Lager' the darn thing.
I just got some bottles for the Xmas case, but im gonna put them under lock and key, ( for my-own good ) :p
Thank god im not making red wine eh !
Burp!
:p

I have a cupboard that my mother-in-law gave me :super:
It's under the house and keeps nice and cool.
There's a picture of it in my post to the "Your Brew Room" thread. Note, stocks are now even more critical, though my guest tonight was good enough to bring a few commercials to supplement (Lwenbru Original).

I would love to be able to stiore bottled beer. Having trouble storing kegged beer at the moment

mine are in a store room i tacked on the side of the brew room,which is heavily insulated with off cuts of insulwool i scrounged from work. works well apart from very hot days which are few thankfully.

mine are stored in a a/c room.20 deg 24/7 :)
my biggest challenge will be when i move to perth as they have very hot summers.
as ive acreage the plan is to dig a big hole in the ground and turn it into a large cellar so hopefully i can obtain ideal year round brewing temperatures and a good storage area.

cheers
big d

I store mine in a shed in the backyard. No temp control whatsoever. Cold in the winter hot in the summer. There is nothing else I can do so I just have to live with it.

cheers
johnno

Latest posts

Back