Where do I get Stainless steel paint stirer for whirlpool

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz1118

Reaction score
Hi I've been searching hi and low for somwhere in Australia to purchase a stainless steel paint mixer.
Does anyone know where I can grab one or if not a good alternative???

Regards

Do you mean an automated paint shaking machine, like one used in paint rooms by a panelbeater?
Or are you after a metal stick?

If the latter, I have a wooden stick I could let go for $25, almost as good

I'm after a stainless paint stirer you put in the end of a drill.

The first listing is for mixing tiny paint pots for aeromodelling.

The second is listed as stainless, but it doesn't look like it to me & also looks like it has a lot of nasty nooks & crannies for nasties to breed (also from the US if you're wiling to pay the freight).

spoon, arm, stir.... done

(or pump, whirlpool/angled input, run pump...done)

Fitz1118 said:
I'm after a stainless paint stirer you put in the end of a drill.
Don't do it.
The speed is too high, it will chop up the trub and make it harder and slower to settle, anything over 3m/s will do harm.
Just use a spoon or a paddle.
Mark

The second link is for "cocktail stirrers", the third is advertised as "High Shear", great for homogenising samples - the exact opposite of what we would want in brewing.
Mark

Stirrer in drill maybe for aeration of cool wort (not as good as oxygen) but I'd be loath to use for whirlpooling.

I use a chef's spoon and it takes about 1 min of vigorous straight spoon stirring to get a perfect whirlpool. Combined with kettle finings and time, it's plenty to get a nice cone and clear wort.

Maybe he wants to paint the brew room?

Personally I use a wooden spoon for my mash in.

Real men just use their hand.

I don't think SS is mandatory, for the brief time that the implement is in the hot wort, anything food grade would do, for example a four dollar stirring spoon from Go Lo.

Back