Where can I get granite rocks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several granite quarries around Melbourne.

Hillview Quarry at Dromana seems a likely place to pick up something to the size you are after: http://www.hvq.com.au/Index.html

"Hillview Quarries is located in Dromana on the Mornington Peninsula, and for over 80 years, has supplied superior brown and grey granite products to local, state and federal government authorities as well as to private contractors, retail garden supply outlets and the public.
Relying on close relationships with customers, Hillview takes pride in producing granite source rock used in a range of construction and landscape designs, including aggregates for concrete manufacture, road sealing and crushed rock products for road building and pavement construction.
Renowned for exemplary environmental management of the site, Hillview has won awards and been praised on its quarry rehabilitation and environmental focus. Recently gaining approval for a variation to the site, Hillview has a further 30 years of reserves and has invested in major upgrades of plant and equipment.
As a fully owned subsidiary of the R.E. Ross Trust, 100% of Hillview’s profits are distributed to charities, education and environmental projects. Hillview Quarries has also provided financial assistance and product to local groups such as the CFA, schools and colleges, Volunteer Coastguard and sporting clubs."

And while you are down that way you could check out the Mornington Peninsula Brewery: http://mpbrew.com.au/

Bit late to report back. But the Super Greys worked well last year. Didn't explode in the fire and got a great rolling boil.

Each rock lasted about 5 minutes before I added another to the kettle.

I've invested in bigger stones this year. Same type. Brewing this Saturday. Should be good.

Josh said:
Bit late to report back. But the Super Greys worked well last year. Didn't explode in the fire and got a great rolling boil.

Each rock lasted about 5 minutes before I added another to the kettle.

I've invested in bigger stones this year. Same type. Brewing this Saturday. Should be good.
Photos please

readsdale near bendigo the farmers will probably pay you to do it

Back