Where Can I Buy Barleywine?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggs

Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone know a place in the easturn suburbs of melbourne that sells barleywine?

Cheers.

8kg of grain, some hops and high alcohol yeast and a single batch sparge will set you back around $35 bucks for 10-15 L of the stuff ;) (compared to $38 for 1 bottle!)

Purvis is a good option for left of center beers either way! Ive had the flying dog one.. was ok, nothing much to rave about.

first choice in ringwood had a barleywine not too long ago. cant remember what it was though. otherwise purvis will have some as already said

Are you referring to traditional UK style barley wines in the little bottles? If you want something similar which is a smooth quaffing drop maybe try a can of UK headbanger lager 9% from Ist Choice. The Tennents Superlager isn't bad.

cheers SJ. will venture there if no one knows any closer to home. im in ringwood area.

Oh, and ive acceidentaly droped this in the wrong section, i thought id posted to
general chit chat. :rolleyes:
first choice in ringwood had a barleywine not too long ago.

if your in ringwood. try first choice at ringwood square. down the back of the store in the middle are the racks of decent beer. megaswill on the left and premixed on the right, and fridges straight ahead.

when your into AGing (if your not already) let us know as there are a few of us around the ringwood area.

Thanks guys.

BribieG, i actally want it for this years batch of christmas pudings. my recipe is a boozy one and calls for barley wine.
i normaly just use stout, but figured this year id try to source the real thing. I cant garantee i wouldnt slip and spill some
into a glass though :D

CM2. cheers, im just a bit of a lurker here at the moment, collecting AG gear slowly and trying to pick up some knowledge.
might be brewing next year some time with any luck.

Latest posts

Back